Humming Along with #tgifc193 Color Challenge
TGIF! I am finally back to play along!
Now that the holiday’s have past and we are wrapping up the final items from my MIL passing, I can finally start playing along / designing for blog challenges again. I didn’t get a lot of time to work on this post, but at least I was able to finish a project and get it on my blog! This color combination is fabulous and I decided to ink up my new CLING stamp set, Humming Along! What a beauty, don’t you think?
- Use a Stampin’ Trimmer to cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 3 7/8 x 5″. Stamp the “Happy Birthday” sentiment and hummingbird image in 2nd generation (stamp on scrap paper prior to the cardstock) Smoky Slate Ink, as shown. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the flower image in Jet Black StazOn Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with an Aqua Painter and ink from the cover of Stampin’ Pad. (Mango Melody and Lemon Lime Twist). Crop with the Big Shot, Magnetic Platform and coordinating framelit die. Stamp another image, color and snip out the center. Adhere to the center of the flower and to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Happy Birthday in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Flick to remove excess and set with a Heat Tool. Snip to size (I use a Paper Snips) and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three Lovely Lipstick Enamel Dots as shown.
In hindsight, I would change up my 2nd layer to Whisper White Cardstock, instead of Shimmery White Cardstock. Since I changed my layout to only the flower having a pop of color, the Shimmery White Cardstock was not necessary. It looks good, but it would have looked better with the bright white on bright white.
The Humming Along Cling Mount Bundle is a new to the 2019 Occasions Catalog. Don’t have a copy of the catalog? You can download a copy here or order a FREE paper copy here. This bundle retails for $42.25, add some beautiful ribbon or a favorite embellishment to your order to bump it to $50 and you qualify for a FREE Level 1 Sale-a-Bration Item AND my January Hoot Loot (any item $10 or less). You can view the Sale-a-Bration flyer here or order a FREE copy from me here.
Adding color to Shimmery White Cardstock with an Aqua Painter and some ink from the cover of a Stampin’ Pad is an easy way to make a stamped image pop! The flower was colored with Mango Melody and Lemon Lime Twist ink. I just love that pop of pink!
Be sure to visit the TGIF Challenge Blog to gain oodles of inspiration from the Design Team and others that play along! Submit your creations and play along with us!
Are you ready to shop online? Click on the image above to visit my online store! There are so many new and fabulous items ready for you to add to your crafting collection!
Do you love designer series paper, embellishments and ribbon? Do you want it all from the Occasions Catalog, but can’t afford it? How about a product share? There are four options to choose from! 1) Designer Series Paper Share in 12x12 or 6x6. 2) Ribbon Share. 3) Embellishment Share. 4) I Want It All Share. Spend $50+ on shares and you get to choose a $50 Level Item FREE from the Sale-a-Bration Flyer. You can see all the details and order the OCCASIONS CATALOG SHARES HERE.
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!