Hello, welcome to the Stampin’ Pretty Pals’ Blog Hop! This month our theme is the “new 2020-2022 In Colors.” The Design Team is showcasing the new family of In Colors from the new catalog. We know you will love them as much as we do! At the end of my post, you will find the full line-up below to help you “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I was excited to finally squeeze in some time to play with a few of my new goodies! Since today just happens to be my birthday, I gave myself a birthday present by allowing myself time to create and make a post.
The Celebrate Sunflower Bundle was the perfect choice to test the new Water Painters along with the NEW 2020-2022 In Colors. Not all colors watercolor the same, so I wanted to find out how these colors stood up to my test. I have to say, they all passed with flying colors! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them!
All 5 cards were created using the same techniques. I just changed up the In Color and element placement, so I have one tutorial for all 5 creations.
Use a Stampin’ Up! Paper Trimmer to cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11. Score and fold at 5 1/2.
Cut a piece of In Color Cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4. Smooch with the desired In Color Classic Ink. (You can view my smooching tutorial here.)
SMOOCHING INSTRUCTIONS: Cut a Window Sheet down to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 or similar size. Take the edge of a Classic Ink Pad and press it onto the Window Sheet multiple times, criss-crossing the edge to get decent ink coverage. Use a Stampin’ Spritzer to apply three pumps of water onto the Classic Ink on the Window Sheet. Carefully flip it over and gently apply to the piece of Shimmery White Cardstock (NOTE: You must use Shimmery White to get the effects shown). Pick it up off the Shimmery White and apply it again (in a different area) until the desired coverage is obtained. Set aside and let dry completely.
Zip through a die-cutting and embossing machine tucked inside the NEW Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. TIP: For best results, run the folder through the machine forwards and backwards. Adhere to the card with NEW Stampin’ Seal Adhesive.
Use a Stamparatus to stamp the large sunflower (twice) in Jet Black Stazon Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with the desired In Color Classic Ink and an all NEW Medium Water Painter. Color the edge of the center of the sunflower with a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker, then blend to the center with a Water Painter. Crop with the coordinating Sunflower die. Cut where desired with a Paper Trimmer. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Crop the detailed leaves (Sunflowers Dies) in the coordinating In Color Cardstock. Adhere as shown with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
Stamp the sentiment in Versamark Ink onto the In Color Cardstock. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, tap to remove the excess powder, then set with a Heat Tool. Trim closely with Paper Snips. Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Add several coordinating In Color Enamel Dots (Currently Unavailable – ETA Week of June 29, 2020) to the card for the final touch.
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created!
Mark your calendars for July 8th – Gifts from the Garden when the design team will showcase cards or gift ideas from treasures found in the garden. Don’t miss the fun! Until then, please stay safe and have fun in your craft room.
June 2020 Pals Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Jen Roque at Stamp Camp with Jen
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Diana Carr at The Secret Life of Paper
- Deb Walker at Deb Stamps Life
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Rae Harper Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! <<<<YOU ARE HERE!
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Leah O’Brien at Honey Bee Stamping & More!
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps, Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Karen Buttery at Karen On The Lake Stamper
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Sara Stuart at Sentiments by Sara
- Melissa Seplowitz at The Stamping Ninja