What more can I say other than I think it is just FABULOUS! I decided to go with a non-traditional look to the flamingo and went dual colored! Coastal Cabana on the top and Flirty Flamingo on the bottom. What do you think? It is one of my favorite color combinations so I just have to give it a go.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Flirty Flamingo
card stockto 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cur a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 x 5 1/4″. Stamp the water ripples, grass and flamingo legs, as shown, in Jet Black StazOn Ink. Use an Aqua Painter to add Coastal Cabana ink (water). Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Stamp two flamingo images in Jet Black StazOn Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Use an Aqua Painter to color the top in Coastal Cabana and bottom in Flirty Flamingo. Snip with a Paper Snips. Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tip: I added two layers of dimensionals to the darker flamingo to make it look like it was closer to you.
- Stamp the “I Love You…” and “Happy Birthday” (Itty Bitty Sentiments) in Versamark Ink onto Basic Black Cardstock. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Flick to remove excess and set with a heat tool. Snip to size with a Paper Snips. Adhere the Happy Birthday as shown with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a
6 inchpiece of Flirty Flamingo 1/8″ ribbon (All My Love Ribbon Pack). Wrap and adhere behind the love sentiment. Adhere to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add three black Best Route Enamel Dots as shown for the final touch.
The sketched look to the flamingo makes this stamp set easy to use as the lines are forgiving and do not need to be perfect. Instead of coloring the flamingo with an Aqua Painter, you could use the solid stamp images to build the flamingo using 2-step stamping.
The Best Route Enamel Shapes and the Flirty Flamingo Ribbon from the All My Love Ribbon Pack were perfect touches for this card. Any enamel shape is a staple in my craft room and is a go-to to add that final pop that a card may need.