So Many Shells Seas the Day!
I have so many new goodies in my stamp room, I am having a hard time picking what to use next. With some help from the Pals, I decided to go with So Many Shells and the new background stamp, Burlap. Soft colors are more likely to mimic real sea shells and I wanted them to look as natural as they could. I love the soft look of this card, but my next card with this set will be bright and bold! I am already envisioning it!
The colors I decided to go with on this card were: The All New 2017-2019 In-Color Powder Pink, and two colors from the Subtles Family: Wisteria Wonder and Soft Sky. My base or as I put it, “add-on” color, is Crumb Cake as I think it closely represents the natural color of sand.
I think this color combination is fabulous and just brings a beach feel when looking at the card. Please take the time and Pin any picture on this page to your Pinterest Boards. You can do so by hovering over the picture and clicking on the button in the upper left hand corner. You can see all my Pinterest Boards Here: Stampin’ Hoot! Pinterest Boards. Note: You need to be viewing this post on my blog and not from the email in order to pin to Pinterest.
- The card base is Whisper White Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to make a ‘stand tall’ A2 card that fits into a Medium Whisper White Envelope.
- The next layer I used the Burlap Background Stamp with Crumb Cake Classic Ink. With the help of our Stampin’ Trimmer, I trimmed it down to 4 in x 5.25 in and adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment Seas the Day is stamped on a 4 in x .75 in piece of Whisper White Cardstock. I first stamped it in Crumb Cake Classic Ink and then again slightly offset using Soft Sky Classic Ink to give it a layered look. See the pic below.
- The shells were stamped first with the colors shown above and then again with the 2-step stamp in Crumb Cake. They were fussy cut with the Paper Snips, then adhered to the largest circle from the Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (in Whisper White) with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The All New Soft Sky 3/8″ Classic Weave Ribbon was wrapped and adhered to the circle prior to placing it on the card.
- Linen Thread, one of my favorite accessories, and a Glitter Enamel Dot were added as a final touch.
Here are a few more views of the card so you can better see colors and dimension. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me or leave a comment on this post. I am more than happy to help!
The sentiments and fonts that are in the So Many Shells Stamp Set are GORGEOUS! I love the mixture of script and print. You can see the Stamp Set in my store by clicking on the picture below.
LOVE FREE PRODUCTS? GET A $35 BONUS! June 1 – 30. Place an order of $350 or more and get $35 in BONUS FREE STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Bonus applies to individual on-line customer order, as well as a workshop host benefit. Details are shown below!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for June is Glitter Enamel Dots! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.