Happy 4th of July and 18th Birthday John!
Happy 4th of July! The USA celebration, commemorating the adoption of the Declaration of Independence 241 years ago on July 4, 1776. On this day, we also get the honor of celebrating the birth of our nephew John, who graced us with his presence 18 years ago! We met for dinner the night of the 2nd to celebrate, as John will be on a plane to Japan for a school trip! Here’s to a fun and safe trip John! Excited for your return and to hear all the things you got to explore and see.
I apologize for the lighting for the photo on my card. I missed the prime natural light opportunity for my photography, but I captured it the best that I could.
- The base of the card is Basic Black Cardstock cut to 4.25 x 11 and scored/folded at 5.5 in to make a standard sized card.
- I cut a piece of Lemon-Lime Twist Cardstock to 4.125 x 5.375 in and adhered to the card base with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- I cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 4 in x 5.25 in. I applied the watercolor technique I learned from Steffi Helmschrott’s You-Tube Video shown below, using my favorite new In-Color Lemon-Lime Twist. A special shout out to Steffi on being the first German Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator to achieve $1 Million in Personal Sales!
- Next I stamped the card elements on Shimmery White Cardstock and cropped them out with the coordinating Balloon Bouquet Builder Punch and Large Number Framelits. Most elements were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals, although ones I wanted to look set back I adhered with Fast Fuse.
- I adhered a balloon and stamped the balloon string that has the sentiment “Let Us Celebrate” incorporated in, onto a Whisper White Medium Envelope.
I also took an Aqua Painter and some Lemon-Lime Twist and added some color to the banners to help coordinate with the background.
I also cropped out the 18 in Basic Black Cardstock and adhered to the back slightly offset to make a shadow look.
My FREE HOOT LOOT for July are the Hearts and Stars Elements! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
I hope you all enjoy celebrating this Independence Day! I know we have a full day planned of family activities. Happy 4th! Stay safe everyone!
STAMPIN’ UP! BONUS DAYS! JULY 1 – 31. EARN IN JULY. REDEEM IN AUGUST!
- For every $50 (on a single order, price before shipping and tax) you spend between July 1-31, you’ll earn a $5.00 Bonus Days coupon that you can redeem between August 1 – 31, 2017.
EARNING (JULY 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- Keep Your Codes! Save both the email containing your Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be re-sent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Requires Email! An email address is required to participate; bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- No Limit! There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
REDEEMING (AUGUST 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- No Limit! There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- What Will You Use Your Coupon Codes For? Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any Stampin’ Up! product, excluding Starter Kits, Stampin’ (Host) Rewards and Paper Pumpkin month to month subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin kits (1, 3, 6 and 12 month fixed subscriptions) can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
THE BEST JULY DEAL OF ALL! The $99 Starter Kit is a fabulous way to purchase Stampin’ Up! products at a discount. Get $72 worth of BONUS products when you purchase the $99 Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! in July. No risk. No obligation to purchase anything further. No penalty to drop!
I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! Purchase the kit and join through me and enjoy the benefits of being part of my team – The Hootenannies. My community is pressure-free, friendly and loaded with exclusive paper crafting ideas and resources (and you the get benefit of also being part of the Pals). Get the full scoop here and please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions. I’m happy to help.