A Bright Wishes Birthday Card for CAS(E) this Sketch #234
Today’s card features the all new Bright Wishes Stamp Set from the 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog. I jumped on over to the CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge Blog to see what the current challenge was to try and gain some layout inspiration….it was exactly what I needed to start my creation.
I have been wanting to use the Bright Wishes set so I could watercolor that beautiful wishing well! I love the greenery and flowers framing the well and couldn’t wait to get my Aqua Painter inked up and get started. When I saw this sketch, I interpreted the circle as a setting sun. So I decided to create the card with the sun setting behind the wishing well…I really like how this card turned out. The sun is subtle but creates a WOW factor. Crushed Curry + Shimmery White Cardstock = Perfect Setting Sun!
- Card Base: Crumb Cake cut to 5.5 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to make a square card.
- 2nd Layer: Soft Suede cut to 5.375 in x 5.375 in and adhered to the base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Top Layer: Shimmery White Cardstock cut to 5.25 in x 5.25 in and adhered to 2nd Layer with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Watercolor Background: Created with Acetate, Crushed Curry and Old Olive Classic Ink, Stampin’ Spritzer
- You can see the technique details in my 4th of July Post.
- Setting Sun: Shimmery White Cardstock cropped using the Big Shot and Larges Circle from the Layering Circle Framelits Dies. Colored with Crushed Curry Ink and an Aqua Painter.
- Wishing Well: From the Bright Wishes Stamp Set. Stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock. Colored with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Soft Suede (my favorite for wood tones), Lemon-Lime Twist and Old Olive (my favorite for greenery), Berry Burst (my favorite for flowers) and Crushed Curry (my favorite for a setting sun). I fussy cut the image out with my trusty Paper Snips.
- Sentiments: Stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink. Happy Birthday is from the Birthday Banners Stamp Set and May All Your Wishes Come True is from the Bright Wishes Stamp Set. The flagged end for the Happy Birthday sentiment was created with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Ribbon: Old Olive 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon; Dainty, Lightweight and Elegant!
- Adhesive: Stampin’ Dimensionals and Fast Fuse.
The Bright Wishes Stamp Set (shown below) has so many wonderful and versatile sentiments that you can use it for several occasions. If you love to watercolor like I do, you cannot beat the wishing well image. So much fun to color!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! Hopefully you can find inspiration from my work.
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to shop or click on the pdf list at the bottom to print.
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Don’t forget to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of August, Earn the Fabulous Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon as your free item by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!