Pick A Pumpkin for GDP 105 Color Challenge
It’s that time again to play along with the Global Design Project Challenge. This week, Challenge 105 is all about color! Peekaboo Peach, Tangerine Tango and Lemon-Lime Twist take the stage and I LOVE the trio! I would have never thought to combine these three colors together, but the results show how stunning they can be when combined as three!
When I saw this challenge, my mind wandered to pumpkins! So what better bundle to break in than Pick A Pumpkin Bundle from the 2017 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog! I have seen so many fabulous samples on Pinterest and various galleries. I knew it was time to grab this one off the shelf and put it to good use!
I had been seeing several cards set up in long landscape format, so I decided to do the same with mine. Glancing back at the Global Design Project Design Team submissions, I see that my card looks slightly similar to Steffi Helmschrott’s submission, so I guess I could say that I CASE’d her card. Her style is one of my favorites so I try to mimic her as much as possible without losing my own style in the process. So, I really hope you like what you see!
- Card Base is Crumb Cake cut to 8 in x 7 in and scored / folded at 3.5 in.
- 2nd Layer is Shimmery White Cardstock cut to 7 3/4 x 6 3/4 in and adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Layers of watered down Peek-a-boo Peach and Tangerine Tango were added to the Shimmery White Cardstock with an Aqua Painter. You can wait for it to dry or use a Heat Tool to speed up the process.
- The Patterned Pumpkin Thinlits Dies were used on all stamped and solid images. Lemon-Lime Twist was used for the foliage. I used an Aqua Painter to add more Lemon-Lime Twist to the stamped images. Peek-A-Boo Peach was used for the Pumpkins. The Pumpkins were enhanced by adding Tangerine Tango with an Aqua Painter. All images were adhered with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen and Stampin’ Dimensionals,
- I stamped the Thanks-A-Bunch Sentiment (from the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set) in Tangerine Tango on Crumb Cake Cardstock. I cut it down to frame the image and flagged the end with the Triple Banner Punch. I wrapped Linen Thread around the end several times before securing with a bow.
- Last but not least I added several color coordinating Iridescent Sequins to the card, secured with a dab of glue from the Fine-Tip Glue Pen,
Here is a closer look at what is all available in the Pick A Pumpkin Bundle. There are still a few pieces that need to be played with…that will be on posts to come.
I hope you enjoyed my creation to this weeks Global Design Project 105 Color Challenge. Be sure to pop on over to the Challenge Blog to see all the fabulous inspiration from the Design Team and others that play along!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
6 thoughts on “Pick A Pumpkin for GDP 105 Color Challenge”
What a gorgeous card! I love the watercolor elements and the touches of sparkle! It’s super sweet. Plus, congrats on winning GDP this week, you are going to make a super awesome guest designer!!!
Ahhh….thank you so much Natalie! Since we live so close to each other, we should really get together sometime! Your newsletters and information are superb and extremely valuable! Kudos to you!
Gorgeous Stesha! You’ve inspired me to try this long card design!
Thank you so much my friend! Please share your creations with me 🙂