Cast Your Vote for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights – Sympathy Card!
This afternoon I am participating in the wonderful Kylie Bertucci’s, Austrailia’s Number One Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, International Blog Highlights! Every month, Kylie pulls together a group of Stampin’ Up! Enthusiasts, picks a theme and highlights their creations on her blog! She enables viewers to cast their vote on their favorite creation in the line-up! The top 10 picks get to take part in a blog hop with Kylie! What an honor, huh?
The theme for September is Sympathy. I was excited for this one as I was able to pull out one of my favorite stamp sets with coordinating dies: Weather Together Photopolymer Stamp Set and Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies! I have only used it a few times, but have had several ideas floating around in my head and was happy to bring one of them to life! So please take a look at my Sympathy Card for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights and leave a comment on what you think!
I would be ever so humbled if you were to Vote for Me! #25
Please click on the HEART in the upper right hand corner to cast your vote! Your vote will be confirmed once the heart is clicked.
- Card Base is Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock cut to 6 in x 12 in and scored / folded at 6 in to make a square card.
- Take Flirty Flamingo 3/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and cut it into two-8 inch strips. Adhere to the inside of the card with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Using the other half of your Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock , cut it down to two pieces of 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 in. Adhere one to the inside of the card to cover the Ribbon Ends. Adhere the other to the top of the Card Base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 5.5 in x 5.5 in. Create the watercolor background by tapping the edge of the Night of Navy Ink Pad to a piece of acetate. Spray it with water using a Stampin’ Spritzer until the ink starts to pool a little. (About 5 sprays). Carefully flip it over and touch it to the Shimmery White Cardstock lifting and re-touching until you get the coverage you are looking for. You may need to repeat this entire step if more coverage is needed. Tip: If water drips from the acetate as you are turning it over to apply it, you have added too much water.
- Stamp all images (Umbrellas, Umbrella Handles, Clouds and Sentiments) onto Shimmery White Cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink. Color the images with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Night of Navy, Lemon-Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo and Smoky Slate. Quickly crop each image with the coordinating framelits dies and the Big Shot (be sure to use the Magnetic Platform to ensure the die is held firmly in place).
- Strategically adhered images to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut 8 inches of Night Of Navy Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and bunch it up. Adhere it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tip: I put the dimensionals on the card first and then added the ribbon, bunching it as I adhered it.
- Wrap a bunch of Silver Metallic Thread around three fingers, then pull it off and twist it a bit. Adhere it to the back of the flagged sentiment and then adhere that to the bunched ribbon.
- Trim the “I’m Here For You” sentiment closely and adhere with snipped Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Don’t forget to PIN my images to your favorite Pinterest Boards! Tip: Hover over the images until you see the Save Button shown to the right.
Click on the Save Button, it will connect you to Pinterest. Select your board and you are good to go!
Want to follow me on Pinterest? Click here: Stampin’ Hoot Pinterest
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
23 thoughts on “A Sympathy Card for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights!”
Really lovely Stesha!
Thank you Cheryll! It was fun to make!
Great card, Stesha! I voted for you!
Thank you Su! You got my vote as well!
Oh Stesha – what an amazing card with so many little details like the hint of striped ribbon to echo the striped umbrellas! Wow!
Thank you so much for the wonderful comment! 🙂
Love the colors! Voted.
Thank you so much! Kinda smitten with this color combination as well!
Wow Stesha. So much detail. A really special card.
Thank you so much Lou! Detail is my thing 🙂
Love this Stesha. Great colours and details
Thank you so much Jay! I am always in awe of your creations as well.
Just love this umbrella card. How creative. I too was wondering different ways to utilize this set of both stamp and die. Bravo is all I can say.
Thank you so much Vickie! I am so happy that I have inspired you to use things in other ways! It just makes my day!
this has to be, (my opinion!) the BEST, BEST card using these images from this .set!! \you have a wonderful blog & thanks for sharing
Thank you so much for the humbling comment! I just love to create, share and inspire others !!
Incredible project Stesha! Congratulations on making it to the top ten and for placing 2nd out of the whole gallery. Woo Hoo!! Thanks for taking part in my highlights this month.
Such a stunning card. I love that you have used vibrant colours for a somber theme.
Thank you Karen!