Cast Your Vote for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights – Sympathy Card!
This afternoon I am participating in the wonderful Kylie Bertucci’s, Austrailia’s Number One Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, International Blog Highlights! Every month, Kylie pulls together a group of Stampin’ Up! Enthusiasts, picks a theme and highlights their creations on her blog! She enables viewers to cast their vote on their favorite creation in the line-up! The top 10 picks get to take part in a blog hop with Kylie! What an honor, huh?
The theme for September is Sympathy. I was excited for this one as I was able to pull out one of my favorite stamp sets with coordinating dies: Weather Together Photopolymer Stamp Set and Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies! I have only used it a few times, but have had several ideas floating around in my head and was happy to bring one of them to life! So please take a look at my Sympathy Card for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights and leave a comment on what you think!
Please click on the HEART in the upper right hand corner to cast your vote! Your vote will be confirmed once the heart is clicked.
- Card Base is Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock cut to 6 in x 12 in and scored / folded at 6 in to make a square card.
- Take Flirty Flamingo 3/8″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon and cut it into two-8 inch strips. Adhere to the inside of the card with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- Using the other half of your Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock , cut it down to two pieces of 5 5/8 x 5 5/8 in. Adhere one to the inside of the card to cover the Ribbon Ends. Adhere the other to the top of the Card Base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 5.5 in x 5.5 in. Create the watercolor background by tapping the edge of the Night of Navy Ink Pad to a piece of acetate. Spray it with water using a Stampin’ Spritzer until the ink starts to pool a little. (About 5 sprays). Carefully flip it over and touch it to the Shimmery White Cardstock lifting and re-touching until you get the coverage you are looking for. You may need to repeat this entire step if more coverage is needed. Tip: If water drips from the acetate as you are turning it over to apply it, you have added too much water.
- Stamp all images (Umbrellas, Umbrella Handles, Clouds and Sentiments) onto Shimmery White Cardstock with Basic Black Archival Ink. Color the images with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Night of Navy, Lemon-Lime Twist, Flirty Flamingo and Smoky Slate. Quickly crop each image with the coordinating framelits dies and the Big Shot (be sure to use the Magnetic Platform to ensure the die is held firmly in place).
- Strategically adhered images to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut 8 inches of Night Of Navy Crinkled Seam Binding Ribbon and bunch it up. Adhere it to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tip: I put the dimensionals on the card first and then added the ribbon, bunching it as I adhered it.
- Wrap a bunch of Silver Metallic Thread around three fingers, then pull it off and twist it a bit. Adhere it to the back of the flagged sentiment and then adhere that to the bunched ribbon.
- Trim the “I’m Here For You” sentiment closely and adhere with snipped Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Click on the Save Button, it will connect you to Pinterest. Select your board and you are good to go!
Want to follow me on Pinterest? Click here: Stampin’ Hoot Pinterest
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Be sure to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of September, Earn both sizes (regular and mini) Stampin’ Dimensionals as your free items by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!