Welcome to my very first post as part of the Design Team for the Global Design Project Challenge Blog! I was so excited (and honored) when I received a phone call asking me if I would like to become part of the Team! The Design Team is second to none and I can’t believe I am now a part of it! YAY! Happy Dance 🙂
This week the challenge is a sketch. I love sketches as they make it so much easier to design a card when you have something to create from, a starting point.
The Cheery Chirps Stamp Set from the 2017 Holiday Catalog was on my wish list from day one. Thanks to a friend and fellow demonstrator, I now have some images to work with and create beautiful images.
I have been practicing with my New Stampin’ Blends (available to customers on November 1st) and thought they would be great to use on the Cheery Chirps Images. They did not disappoint and I am starting to get the hang of them. I still have a lot of playing and learning to do, but I am loving them so far.
If you follow my blog, you know that I am a sucker for Whisper White Card Bases with a 2nd Layer of Whisper White adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. This card follows suit and uses my go-to start. Here are the rest of the details of this card:
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4 1/4 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- 2nd Layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut to 4 1/8 in x 5 3/8 in, stuck a piece of Linen Thread behind it. then adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Note: I would recommend tying the Linen Thread around the DSP instead of the 2nd Layer.
- I took a piece of Merry Little Christmas DSP and cut 2 Strips to 1 1/2 in x 4 1/4 in and adhered them to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I used the “Watercolor Splash Technique” (also known as Ink Smooshing) on Shimmery White Cardstock with Old Olive Ink, then cropped it out with my Big Shot and Stitched Framelits Circle Die. BONUS: Download a Step-by-Step Technique Guide on Watercolor Backgrounds here: Watercolor Background Technique Guide
- The Cheery Chirps were stamped with Tuxedo Black Momento Ink on Whisper White Thick Cardstock. The were colored with the following Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Calypso Coral, Light Cherry Cobbler, Ivory, Light and Dark Old Olive, Light and Dark Crumb Cake. The were fussy cut with my Paper Snips and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added three Black Rhinestone Jewels to the card for the ‘final touch’. I opted to leave the sentiment for the inside of the card.
My next attempt with Stampin’ Blends will contain more shading and dimension within the colors. I have some practice and reading to do before then but keep coming back to see more inspiration using the Stampin’ Blends! Want more details on the Stampin’ Blends Premier Alcohol Markers Available November 1st? Click Here for Details
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today! I love to hear your thoughts and answer any questions you may have. Please Comment Here.
Jump on over to the Global Design Project to gain even more inspiration from the Design Team and the Challenge Participants!
My list of products used in this Cheery Chirps Post: