Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights : September Top Ten Winners Blog Hop
Welcome to the Top Ten Winners Blog Hop! You may remember my post from a few weeks ago asking for you to vote? Didn’t see it? You can by clicking here: A Sympathy Card for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights. Well, thanks to all you wonderful people that took the time to vote, it did the trick! I landed as #2 in the Top Ten and have the honor of hopping along with Kylie Bertucci, Australia’s #1 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, and the other wonderfully talented winners!
I love the Rose Wonder Stamp Set and while looking through the Sympathy Section of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, I noticed their tip at the bottom of the page suggesting to stamp and emboss the image onto Vellum and then color the backside for a softer feel! (The Tip is shown below).
I started with soft colors. I used Lemon-Lime Twist for the Leaves and Sweet Sugarplum for the Rose…I was craving more dimension so I grabbed my Old Olive and Berry Burst Stampin’ Write Markers and added shades of darker color. When I set it on top of my Wood Textures DSP, I wasn’t getting the depth of dimension that I wanted so I glued a piece of Whisper White Cardstock behind it and snipped it with my paper snips to match the image and hide the mat. I adhered it to the Card Base the Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Card Base is Crumb Cake Cardstock cut to 5 1/2 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5 1/2 in to create a Square Card.
- 2nd Layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut to a 5 1/4 in Square and adhered with Fast Fuse.
- 3rd Layer is Wood Textures Designer Series Paper cut to 5 1/8 in Square, also adhered with Fast Fuse.
- The Rose and With Sympathy Sentiment + Frame are from the Rose Wonder Stamp Set. They were stamped with Versamark onto Vellum and then heat embossed with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool.
- I colored the back sides with Stampin’ Write Markers: Lemon-Lime Twist, Old Olive, Sweet Sugarplum and Berry Burst.
- I snipped out the images with my trusty Paper Snips.
- I added Whisper White Cardstock behind the images to bring out the dimensions in the color and snipped it close with my Paper Snips. It was adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the card for a final touch.
Here is a close-up of the detail of color achieved by using two shades of Stampin’ Write Markers and coloring the back side of the vellum. It was so nice to be able to color and not worry about staying inside the lines! Tip: Color the entire image at once with the lighter shades. Then after allowing it to dry, add the shading or depth with the darker colors.
I hope you enjoyed my Sympathy Card for the International Highlights Top Ten Winners Blog Hop! Please make sure you hop along and check out all the other creations from the talented winners!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Have a question? Email me.
Learn here how you can earn the Foil Snowflakes from me with an order of $50 or more using my exclusive October Host Code.
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?