A Sympathy Card & a Sneak Peek at the Petal Palette Bundle.
I was in need of a sympathy card and although I was not excited about what I was creating it for, I was excited that I could play more with the Petal Pallete Bundle from the upcoming 2018 Occasions Catalog set to launch on January 2, 2018. This set makes my heart go pitter-patter and I sure hope that it does the same for you!
- Card Details:
- I went with my favorite Crumb Cake Cardstock as my card base. I cut it to 4 1/4 in x 11 in and scored/folded at 5.5 in.
- I cut the 2nd layer to 4 in x 5.5 in. I added two strips of Very Vanilla 1/2″ Lace Trim to the vertical edges (with Snail Adhesive) and then wrapped two strips of the Calypso Coral 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon horizontally (also with Snail Adhesive). I adhered it to the Card Base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I ran a strip of Old Olive Cardstock through the Big Shot with a die from the Petals & More Thinlits Dies, part of the Petal Palette Bundle. I adhered the center to the top of the Ombre Ribbon.
- I stamped the Bird and Rose images in Tuxedo Black Momento Ink then cropped them with the coordinating dies and colored them with Stampin’ Blends. I gave them a little pop off the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals as the adhesive.
- I added the sentiment and a few Pearl Basic Jewels as a final touch.
Here is a close-up look at the full Petal Palette Stamp Set. Want to order it now? Contact me for details on how you can get yours before the 2018 Occasions Catalog goes live in January!
Here are some close-up views showing the true beauty of this stamp set and how soft Stampin’ Blends look when used in conjunction with Crumb Cake Cardstock.
Don’t forget to take advantage of the Year-End Sales Event. You can see all details here. Most items are While Supplies Last so shop early for the best selection and make sure that item on your wish list makes its way into your paper crafting stash.
My list of Stampin’ Up! Products Used in this post:
Need product now? Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code JAXDSBH9 and you will earn the Paper Snips for FREE!
Ready to place an order?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights : September Top Ten Winners Blog Hop
Welcome to the Top Ten Winners Blog Hop! You may remember my post from a few weeks ago asking for you to vote? Didn’t see it? You can by clicking here: A Sympathy Card for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights. Well, thanks to all you wonderful people that took the time to vote, it did the trick! I landed as #2 in the Top Ten and have the honor of hopping along with Kylie Bertucci, Australia’s #1 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, and the other wonderfully talented winners!
I love the Rose Wonder Stamp Set and while looking through the Sympathy Section of the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, I noticed their tip at the bottom of the page suggesting to stamp and emboss the image onto Vellum and then color the backside for a softer feel! (The Tip is shown below).
Images © Stampin’ Up!
I started with soft colors. I used Lemon-Lime Twist for the Leaves and Sweet Sugarplum for the Rose…I was craving more dimension so I grabbed my Old Olive and Berry Burst Stampin’ Write Markers and added shades of darker color. When I set it on top of my Wood Textures DSP, I wasn’t getting the depth of dimension that I wanted so I glued a piece of Whisper White Cardstock behind it and snipped it with my paper snips to match the image and hide the mat. I adhered it to the Card Base the Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Card Base is Crumb Cake Cardstock cut to 5 1/2 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5 1/2 in to create a Square Card.
- 2nd Layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut to a 5 1/4 in Square and adhered with Fast Fuse.
- 3rd Layer is Wood Textures Designer Series Paper cut to 5 1/8 in Square, also adhered with Fast Fuse.
- The Rose and With Sympathy Sentiment + Frame are from the Rose Wonder Stamp Set. They were stamped with Versamark onto Vellum and then heat embossed with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool.
- I colored the back sides with Stampin’ Write Markers: Lemon-Lime Twist, Old Olive, Sweet Sugarplum and Berry Burst.
- I snipped out the images with my trusty Paper Snips.
- I added Whisper White Cardstock behind the images to bring out the dimensions in the color and snipped it close with my Paper Snips. It was adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I added Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the card for a final touch.
Here is a close-up of the detail of color achieved by using two shades of Stampin’ Write Markers and coloring the back side of the vellum. It was so nice to be able to color and not worry about staying inside the lines! Tip: Color the entire image at once with the lighter shades. Then after allowing it to dry, add the shading or depth with the darker colors.
I hope you enjoyed my Sympathy Card for the International Highlights Top Ten Winners Blog Hop! Please make sure you hop along and check out all the other creations from the talented winners!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to see the product in store or print a pdf by clicking the link at the bottom!
Have a question? Email me.
Learn here how you can earn the Foil Snowflakes from me with an order of $50 or more using my exclusive October Host Code.
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!