Today a group of Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators are participating in a blog hop to help bring awareness to Autism.
What is Autism? Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a complex developmental disability; signs typically appear during early childhood and affect a person’s ability to communicate and interact with others. ASD is defined by a certain set of behaviors and is a “spectrum condition” that affects individuals differently and to varying degrees. There is no known single cause of autism, but increased awareness and early diagnosis/intervention and access to appropriate services/supports lead to significantly improved outcomes. This description and more about Autism can be found here: http://www.autism-society.org/what-is/
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″. Place in between the Simple Stripes Embossing Folder and zip through the Big Shot Die Cut Machine.
- Fill a Stampin’ Spritzer with water and a few drops of the Pacific Point Ink Refill. Hold the embossed sheet about 10 inches from the Stampin’ Spritzer and spray. Adhere at a slight angle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Run a piece of Whisper White Cardstock through the Big Shot Die Cut Machine with the Large Square and Large Circle Stitched Shaped Framelits,
- Cut a piece of Birthday Memories Designer Series Paper and a piece of Vellum Cardstock to 1″ x 4″. Flag the end with the Banner Triple Punch.
- Adhere the stitched circle die cut with Stampin’ Dimensionals, then the flagged banner with Snail Adhesive. Cut an 18″ piece of Dapper Denim Baker’s Twine and adhere as shown with Snail Adhesive. Adhere the stitched square die cut with Stampin’ Dimensionals, as shown.
- Create a template by printing the puzzle piece shown below. Trace the template onto Watercolor Paper, adjusting as needed.
- Color the puzzle pieces with an Aqua Painter and the following ink colors: Real Red, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight and Garden Green. Snip out with a Paper Snips.
- Using the Labeler Alphabet Set, stamp Autism Awareness Day in the colors listed above, then snip out with a Paper Snips. Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Add Enamel Hearts in the coordinating colors as shown.
I love coloring with Aqua Painters! You don’t have to be perfect with them. Just remember, when using Aqua Painters, to wet the paper a tad before adding color. This keeps the color from soaking in immediately and causing ugly dark spots.
Notice the “R” is slightly different than the rest of the letters? I accidentally misplaced the R that matches the rest of the letters, but the nice thing about this set is that is still works and looks good by mixing the different types of letters together.
Around 50 Demonstrators have collaborated on this World Autism Awareness Day Blog Hop. Please take the time to visit each and every participant’s blog to see what they have created to increase awareness!
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!