Pals Blog Hop September 2018 – My Favorite Season
Welcome to the Pals September 2018 Blog Hop. The 2018 Holiday Catalog from Stampin’ Up! is out and the Pals are excited! Sit back while we share creations from “Our Favorite Holiday”.
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
My Favorite Season!
I love decorating for Halloween, so making papercraft creations to display on my shelves for Halloween is so much fun! I made a simple card using the Toil & Trouble Suite of Products! It is perfect to add color with Stampin’ Blends…and an added bonus…the framelits cut out both the stamped image from the Cauldron Bubble Bundle and the images from the Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Watercolor Paper to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Use an Aqua Painter to create a watercolor wash background using Highland Heather Classic Ink.
- Stamp the dots from the Gallery Grunge Stamp Set over the top of the watercolor wash using Highland Heather.
- Cut 10 inches of Black 5/8″ Glittered Organdy Ribbon, wrap around the Watercolor Paper and secure with a bow as shown. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a 5″ piece of Solid Black Baker’s Twine, thread through the Spider Trinket and secure to the bow with a knot.
- Stamp the following images in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink onto Whisper White Thick Cardstock: Witch, Broom, Cat, Cauldron. Using the Big Shot, Magnetic Platform, and the coordinating framelits, crop the images.
- Color the images with Stampin’ Blends (see colors in supply list below).
- Stamp the sentiments onto Basic Black Cardstock using Versamark Ink. Cover with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, set with a Heat Tool. Snip to size with a Paper Snips.
- Adhere as shown with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
That little witch is just the cutest and so much fun to color. The new Highland Heather, Basic Black and Mango Melody Stampin’ Blends suit the little witch well!
The Black Glittered Organdy Ribbon and Spider Trinkets (part of the Toil & Trouble Suite) allow for the perfect touch to a Halloween creation! I cannot wait to make a few 3-D items to display on my shelves.
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of the Pals have created to inspire you.. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 for the next Pals Blog Hop. October is time for some wicked fun with “Wicked Folds” where the Pals will show you creations that are anything but a standard card fold. Don’t miss the fun.
- Blog Hop Line-up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! (You Are Here!)
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Terri George at StampMeCrafty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Rachael Shedeed at Blue Bonnet Stampin’
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Linda Suarez at All Night Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!