Winter Woods Masculine Birthday Card
Today’s masculine birthday card is another product of my Northwoods retreat…do you think that being in a woodsy type setting for 4 days was an inspiration for my creations? I sure do! I promise I have a variety to share with you, but I just love this Winter Woods Masculine Birthday card so much that I couldn’t wait to share it with you. No fancy techniques here, just a cut and paste kind of card.
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock to 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″. Score and fold at 4 1/4″.
- Using the Stamparatus (stamp positioning tool) stamp the Buffalo Check Background Stamp in Soft Suede Ink onto Soft Suede Cardstock. Note: It may take a few applications to get the desired coverage. Cut to 5 1/4″ to 4 1/8″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock to 3 1/8″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the birch trees (Winter Woods Stamp Set) multiple times in Soft Suede Ink onto Soft Suede Cardstock. Cut to 3″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede Cardstock to 1 1/4″ x 5 1/8″. Zip through the Big Shot tucked inside the Corrugated Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Use the tip of a petal from the Daisy Punch to notch the ends. Wrap 3 loops of Linen Thread, securing to the back with Snail Adhesive. Crinkle the edges.
- Add Linen Thread to the center of a True Gentlemen Button then secure to the corrugated cardstock as shown.
- Stamp two trees (Winter Woods) in Soft Suede ink onto Crumb Cake Cardstock. Crop with a Big Shot and the coordinating framelit die.
- Crop two twig images with the framelit and Crumb Cake Cardstock. Adhere all as shown with Snail Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment (Big Wishes Stamp Set) in Soft Suede Ink onto a piece of Crumb Cake Cardstock. Trim to size and adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Did you know: the tip of a petal from the Daisy Punch makes the perfect notch in the cardstock to slip in and hold a few wraps of Linen Thread? It just happened to be sitting on my table when I created this card and as I was struggling to get the Linen Thread to sit where I wanted it…voilà, the notch was born.
I can’t get enough of that Buffalo Check background stamp. It adds the perfect amount of rustic to this masculine card.
Do you subscribe to my newsletter? Enjoy exclusive offers every month from me, just by subscribing to my newsletter. You can sign-up here.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!