Today I am playing along with another challenge over at the Fab Friday Challenge Blog. This week’s challenge is a sketch (shown to the right). I have made a list of stamp sets that I need to spend more time with and the Weather Together Stamp Set was one of them.
As I was working on laundry, an idea came to me. As soon as I had a moment to slip off to my craft room, that idea soon came to life. My Aqua Painters are my most frequently used tool in my supplies stash. I just can’t seem to create without them…reason: I LOVE the result. The soft look of watercolor, the depth and dimension, just calls to me. It will continue to be at the top of most commonly used techniques with my paper crafting.
I decided to hit up the 2016-2018 In-Color – Sweet Sugarplum. I hadn’t used it in awhile and really wanted my umbrella to be bright, like a beacon of light in eye of a storm. Although Sweet Sugarplum isn’t necessarily bright, it does look bold against the Whisper White Cardstock and Soft Sky Ink behind it. The color combination used in this card were determined by me to be “Hoot-a-Riffic” so I made my signature color combination for you to pin.
- Hover and Pin it! The photos on my blog are the perfect pics for you to save or pin to Pinterest. If you are viewing this post by email, you’ll need to click the title of the post to access my blog and pin. See ALL boards and photos in one spot on my Stampin’ Hoot! Profile on Pinterest.
The Weather Together Photopolymer Stamp Set is just FULL of cute handwritten sentiments for showing someone you care! If you want to see the stamp set in my store, please click on the image below and it will take you there! Make sure to include the coordinating Umbrella Weather Framelits in your order to make cropping quick and precise with the Big Shot (and the Magnetic Platform!).
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 8.5 in and scored / folded at 4.25 in. This created a landscape A2 card that fits perfectly into a Medium Envelope (Available in Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Clear)
- I ran the Card Base through the Big Shot with the 2nd Largest Sized Circle (2-11/16″) from the Layer Circles Thinlits Dies to create the opening to showcase the circle of rain behind the umbrella.
- The Umbrella, Umbrella Handle, Clouds, and Raindrops (all from Weather Together) were all stamped with Basic Gray Archival Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock. The Umbrella, Handle and Clouds were all cropped with the Big Shot and their Coordinating Framelits from Umbrella Weather Framelits Dies. They were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals. The Rain Drops were cropped with the Largest Sized Circle (2-15/16″ also from Layering Circles Framelits Dies). I took and Aqua Painter and added some Soft Sky Classic Ink for color. This was adhered to the inside of the card, behind the opening.
- The “I’m Here for You” sentiment was stamped on Whisper White Cardstock, Snipped with the Paper Snips and adhered with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I strategically added some Iridescent Sequin to finish the card.
Please hop on over to Fab Friday Challenge Blog and check out all the Fabulous Designer Creations and submissions from other players like me!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
July is zipping by! Don’t miss out on these great deals that Stampin’ Up! if offering through July 31st only!