Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global August Blog Hop!
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Global August Blog Hop! The first hop bringing together a talented group of 23 artists showcasing works of scrapbooking art using wonderful Stampin’ Up! Products! My project for today brings quick and simple to the table with the use of the All New Memories & More Line from Stampin’ Up!
I picked 5 coordinating cards from the Perfect Days Card Pack to frame one of my favorite photos of our son Parker. The cards with the black hexagons was 2 cards that I cut in half and placed strategically on the page. After choosing my layout, I needed to decide what I was going to add for embellishments. I had accidentally dropped a card with adhesive on it on top of my photo (bummer, but stuff like that always happens to me) so I had to find something to cover up my booboo. I went for the Hearts and Stars Elements to continue with the heart theme already set for the page, but wasn’t digging the wood tone…so I grabbed my trusty Stampin’ Write Markers and colored the wood to match the theme of the page.
I went through the 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog to look for sentiments to add to my page. I decided that ‘Today is the Perfect Day to Be Happy’ from the Bunch of Blossoms Stamp Set was exactly what I was looking for. There were several other options that were close in the running! I added my journaling about the day with a Journaling Pen, stamped Parker’s name with the Brushwork Alphabet (similar font to the pre-printed cards) and I was done!
Here is a look at some of my previous posts with scrapbook pages using Stampin’ Up! Products!
Next on this wonderful blog hop is the talented Virginia Porta! Click on the button below to move along in the hop!
Blog Hop Participant List:
2. Megan Lenske
3. Peta Stephen
5. Pam Poli
8. Karie Beglau
9. Simone Meye
10. Lisa Gibson
11. Michelle Veller
12. Cheryl Algie
13. Beth Rush
14. Josie Dean
15. Kelly Leese
16. Stesha Bloodhart – YOU ARE HERE!
17. Virginia Porta
18. Kerstin Klar
19. Joanne Hodge
20. Christine Alward
22. Jenny Hall
23. Lou Kitzelman
My list of products used in this post! Click on the images to see them in my store!
Season to Sparkle Wedding Card for Global Design Project 099
Today I am showing a Sneak Peek of the Season to Sparkle Stamp Set, which is part of a bundle, from the New Stampin’ Up! 2017 Holiday Catalog, available to order September 1, 2017! I was excited to see that Global Design Project had a Theme Challenge this week featuring Wedding / Anniversary! I immediately thought of this bundle, grabbed it and went to work creating.
I wanted to use White and Silver as my colors for this wedding card, so all images are embossed with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Card Base: Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 5.5 in
- 2nd Layer: Silver Foil cut to 4.125 in x 5.375 in adhered with Fast Fuse
- Top Layer: Whisper White Cardstock cut to 4 in x 5.25 in and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Images: Stamped in Versamark, embossed with Silver Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Cropped with Coordinating Framelits (bottom hanging pieces of chandelier) or Fussy Cut with Paper Snips (Large Chandelier and Sentiment ‘Love is in the Air’)
- Ribbon: Silver 3/8″ Metallic-Edge Ribbon wrapped and adhered with Fast Fuse, Silver 1/8″ (3.2 MM) Ribbon tied around the top of chandelier, twisted and draped down, then adhered with Fast Fuse.
- Embellishments: Metallic Enamel Shapes, Rhinestone Basic Jewels
Here is a closer look at the Season to Sparkle Bundle Available September 1st, 2017! It’s a perfect bundle to create paper crafts for all occasions! Wedding, Halloween, Thinking of You, Christmas and more! I just love when you get a set that has so much versatility!
I love the sparkle and glimmer of this wedding card! Pictures do not do this card justice!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the image to shop or click on the pdf list at the bottom to print.
Need a copy of the 2017 Holiday Catalog by Stampin’ Up? Click on the image below and leave me your Name, Address and Email and I will pop one in the mail!
Don’t forget to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of August, Earn the Fabulous Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon as your free item by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
3-D Thursday: Colorful Seasons Wall Art
For this week’s 3-D Thursday project, I decided to use a piece of canvas to make a some Wall Art depicting the beautiful colors of Autumn. I love the maple leaves and sentiments from the Colorful Seasons Photopolymer Bundle, so I knew I wanted to base my creation around these elements. I am also playing along with the Tic Tac Toe Challenge. I chose the left side down. Metallic: My Maple Leaf Outlines are Metallic Copper Foil. Anything but a Card: My Wall Art Green: My Always Artichoke Leaves. What a fun board created by the talented Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat!
I love that they included the option of anything but a card! I think since cards take less time, crafters can get caught up in making them and forget about all the other paper craft options out there to show off our talents!
I started with a blank white canvas. I first attempted to keep it white and add my color with the Maple Leaves, but wasn’t feeling it. So I grabbed my trusty Aqua Painter and started coloring the canvas with Crushed Curry Classic Ink. I didn’t bother with keeping the edges of the Maple Leaves white or clean, I thought the the little bit of added color from the Crushed Curry Aqua Painter would be just fine. I am quite happy with the results.
Some of you may be more privy to the white background and that is why I included a photo, so you could see the difference. Let me know which one you prefer in a comment below…maybe next time I will try Always Artichoke or Cajun Craze as the background color! 🙂
Above is a photo of the wall art hanging in my basement family room. I think the off-white walls really help bring out the color! (sorry for the shadows, no natural lighting in our basement).
- Canvas Size is 8 in x 10 in.
- The sentiments were stamped in Versamark directly onto the canvas, the embossed with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
- Maple Leaves were stamped in the following colors. Note: The background color was first stamped off, prior to stamping onto the Whisper White Cardstock.
- Always Artichoke, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry and Early Espresso
- Images were 2-step stamped with the background and outline images. They were all quickly cropped out with the coordinating framelit included in the Colorful Seasons Bundle (shown below)
- I also cropped a few Small Maple Leaves and Maple Leaf Outlines in the Copper Foil Paper.
- I used Fast Fuse Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals to adhere the leaves to the canvas.
- I adhered some Maple Leaves to a string of Crushed Curry Solid Bakers Twine to frame the canvas wall art.
The Colorful Seasons Bundle is one of our best sellers from the New 2017-2018 Annual Stampin’ Up! Catalog! It definitely made my Top 10! Order yours today by clicking on the image above!
My ENTIRE list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
Ready to take a stroll through my On-Line Store?