TGIF! It’s time for a challenge!
Welcome to another TGIF Challenge, this week we are inspiring you with #simplestamping! Just a card, no layers! #nolayers I don’t know if I have ever made a card that only has one layer, but you know, this was quick & easy to do…and I encourage you to give it a try.
My card is giving you a sneak peek to an image and sentiment from the All-New To A Wild Rose Stamp Set from the upcoming 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, which goes live June 4, 2019. If you can’t wait until June 4 to get your hands on this amazing stamp set (which happens to be part of a bundle), add it to a $99 Starter Kit! See details on the starter kit and joining me, The Hootenannies & Pals Communities, HERE!
Cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4 x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
Stamp the rose outline image and “hello” sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento Ink as shown.
Color the images with the Following Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Petal Pink, Light and Dark Calypso Coral
Voila! That’s it!
I wanted to show how simple a card could be, yet still have appeal to the recipient. I didn’t spend a lot of time coloring, I could have and added much more depth and shading, but I decided I wanted to keep it simple and complete in under 10 min. I accomplished that and I promise you can too. All it takes is Whisper White Cardstock, Stampin’ Blends, Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, and Stamps. I didn’t even take the time to edit my card and remove a few of the little smudges, because lets face it, smudges happen….and nothing needs to be perfect. It is a handmade card that was made from the heart, the recipient will love it even with a tiny smudge or two.
Have I inspired you to try #simplestamping #nolayers Just a Card! I have inspired myself to try more of them. I can do it, and the recipient will love it all the same.
Place an online store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code C3UV2BQH and you will earn YOUR CHOICE of ANY Current Item valued at $10 or less! Click on the image below to learn more about how you can earn Monthly Hoot Loot for FREE!
Click on the image below, it takes you right to my store so you can begin shopping NOW!
Want the Ultimate Bundle, the best deal? Get $125 worth of product for just $99+ tax and FREE Shipping! Then save 20-25% on future purchases, with no obligation to buy, sell or stay active…do it for the discount and for you!
THREE IS BETTER THAN ONE! Become a part of Stampin’ Up!, The Hootenannies, & Mary Fish’s Pals Stamping Community!
- Purchasing the starter kit! Joining Stampin’ Up! includes access to exclusive Stampin’ Up! ideas and resources!
- Purchasing the starter kit and joining through me includes access to the Hootenannies AND the Stampin’ Pretty Pals Pals private Facebook groups and community. Immerse yourself at any level you like in daily stamping discussion, prizes, polls, ideas and inspiration, recognition, friendship, and fun!
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
Thanks for stopping by! Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!
I wanted to share a few of my previous creations using products that are retiring as of June 3, 2019, or WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
Click on the link below the photo to see the original blog post and project details.
Welcome to the Pals’ May Blog Hop. We’re so glad you’re here because we made some great projects with “More Than One Score.” You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
I don’t normally create cards with more than one fold, I like them, they just are not at the forefront of my mind when I sit down at my craft desk. I jumped on Pinterest to see what was out there, hoping to find some inspiration. The first card that came up in my search was that of the talented Patty Bennett. So I grabbed some inspiration from her creation and went to making it my own. I didn’t look for measurements, I just figured I would come up with a similar card as I went. I call this card a “waterfall” card, not sure if that is the correct term or not, but I’m going with it!
Cut a piece of Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock to the following sizes:
- 4 1/4 x 11″ – Score and fold at 5 1/2″ (this is your main card base)
- 4 x 10 1/4″ – Score at 5 1/4 (fold in) and 7 3/4″ (fold out) (this is your “waterfall” base)
Cut a piece of Soft Suede Cardstock to 4 1/8 x 5 3/8″. Adhere to the main card base with Snail Adhesive.
Adhere the longest piece of the “waterfall” base to the Soft Suede with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Cut a piece of the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper to the following sizes:
- 3 7/8 x 5 1/8″ – Adhere to the main card base with Snail Adhesive.
- 3 7/8 x 2 3/8″ – Adhere to the front flap of the “waterfall” base with Snail Adhesive.
Use a die-cutting machine to crop two Rectangle Stitched Die Cuts (2 7/8 x 4″ and a 1 1/4 x 3 1/4″) of Very Vanilla Cardstock. Use the Stamparatus to position and stamp the sentiments (Itty Bitty Birthdays Stamp Set) in Soft Suede Ink. Adhere the large rectangle with Snail Adhesive and the small rectangle with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
Use Paper Snips to snip three hummingbirds, two flowers, and two butterflies from the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper.
Adhere as shown, layering with wood Frames Elements (retiring as of June 3rd, 2019 or While Supplies Last) with Snail Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, and Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
My card features a Sneak Peek to the All-New Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper that will be available in the upcoming 2019-2020 Annual Catalog, beginning June 4, 2019! I received this paper at Stampin’ Up! OnStage in April. It was an all attendee giveaway and I am so happy for that. I think I would have overlooked its beauty if I had not see it in person.
There are 12 different designs in the Mosaic Mood Specialty Designer Series Paper. 6 designs contain GORGEOUS embossed images that you can see in the photo above. All images are “snip” friendly by following the border around the image. My Paper Snips got a workout for this card, but it gave me my therapy for the day.
Just a note, the wood Frames Elements that are used throughout this card are RETIRING as of June 3, 2019 or WHILE SUPPLIES LAST! I usually struggle with the wood pieces, but the Frames Elements have been my favorite and are used on several of my creations. If you love them, or even like them, get them while you can!
More inspiration awaits! Use the Blog Hop Line-up below to visit the rest of this month’s Design Team. My fellow Pals are excited to show you what they’ve created! Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for Wednesday, June 12, 2019 when our Hoppin’ Pals share their “Anything with Wings” projects. Don’t miss the fun!
May 2019 Pals Blog Hop Line-Up
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Jill Killeen at Killeen House Studio
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! **YOU ARE HERE**
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debbie Mageed at Secrets to Stamping
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Rosanne Mulhern at Heartfelt Stamping
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds