A Baby Card with A Little Wild Bundle for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights
So it’s that time of month again where Kylie Bertucci gathers Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the globe to highlight their work and blog! I was really excited for this month’s theme: BABY! A Little Wild Bundle is another one of my top picks from the 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog! The little animals are so stinkin’ cute, I couldn’t resist!
Kylie Bertucci’s, Austrailia’s Number One Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator enables viewers to cast their vote (up to 5 cards) on their favorite card in the line-up! The top 10 picks get to take part in a blog hop with Kylie! What an honor, huh? I was blessed last month with obtaining enough votes to make number 7 and participated in the Masculine Themed Hop. I am hoping that I can have a similar outcome this month. Anything I can do to help me launch my business and get my name out there, right? If you have the time, please check out all the wonderful submissions and vote for your favorites! If one of those favorites, happens to be me, thank you! I am humbled that someone would chose one of my creations out of all the amazing talent out there!
I love BABY themed cards because they are so cute and fun to make…and it reminds me of the day when my boys were babies and they had a room decorated in a Safari theme, similar to the animals used on this card. A Little Wild Bundle is so versatile. You can use it in card making as I did above or you can use it to create gift tags as shown in the product image below. Everyone needs a quick tag to attach to a gift for a new someone and this A Little Wild Bundle is perfect to help you obtain quick and easy when paired with the Big Shot!
I am usually privy to using Stampin’ Up! Watercolor Paper when I want to create the watercolor look. Today I decided to grab the Shimmery White Cardstock (also recommended for watercolor techniques) and I was pleasantly surprised at how EASY it was to add color and shading to the image with a little Classic Ink and an Aqua Painter. I will be using Shimmery White Cardstock on more projects to come as I am extremely happy with the results.
- The card base is a piece of Whisper White 12 x 12 Cardstock. Cut in half and scored/folded at 6 inches to create a 6×6 square card.
- All the animals and bees were stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink on Shimmery White Cardstock. They were then colored with the following Classic Inks and an Aqua Painter:
- Elephant: Smoky Slate and Pink Pirouette
- Bear: Soft Suede
- Hive, Bees and Lion: Crushed Curry and Soft Suede
- The animals were cropped out with their coordinating dies and the Big Shot using the Magnetic Platform to hold them in place.
- All letters were stamped in Soft Suede Classic Ink. The WELCOME is from the Labeler Alphabet and snipped out with the Paper Snips. The BABY is from the Letters for You Stamp Set and it’s coordinating Large Letters Framelits Dies for easy cropping with the Big Shot.
- Most of the card details were adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals or the New Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals (a gotta have adhesive). If I didn’t feel the image needed a pop, I used Snail Adhesive.
- A loop of Linen Thread along with a three string bow were added to finish off the card.
I hope you like my submission! Thank you for stopping by my blog and please ask away if you have any questions by leaving a comment at the end of this post or sending an email.
LOVE FREE PRODUCTS? GET A $35 BONUS! June 1 – 30. Place an order of $350 or more and get $35 in BONUS FREE STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Bonus applies to individual on-line customer order, as well as a workshop host benefit. Details are shown below!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for June is Glitter Enamel Dots! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.