Welcome to the Pals July, 2018 Blog Hop. We’re having a “Pattern Party”. This month our creations will feature our favorite Designer Series Papers and coordinating embellishments from the new annual catalog from Stampin’ Up!
You may be starting the hop here or coming from a previous Pal’s blog. Either way, you’ve come to the right place. You’ll find the full line-up below to help you move, or “hop” along from Pal to Pal.
It’s a Pattern Party!
I love the Pals Blog Hop and today I am showing off a Pattern Party of a Baby Card! Oh, my stars, how I love the final result. The Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper is one of my favorites from the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog.
Stars for babies and other VIPs in your life, plus all-occasion designs.
* 12 sheets: 2 each of 6 double-sided designs
* 12″ x 12″ (30.5 x 30.5 cm)
* Acid free
* Lignin free
Coordinating colors: Gray Granite, Night of Navy, Petal Pink, Pool Party, Soft Sea Foam, Whisper White
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White 12″ x 12″ Cardstock to 6″ x 12″. Score and fold at 6″.
- Using the other half of the 12″ x 12″ Whisper White, cut two squares to 5 3/4″. Adhere to the inside of the card with Snail Adhesive to reinforce it.
- Using the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper, cut the following pieces to 5 3/4″ x (right to left): Navy Blue Sky – 3 3/4″, Striped – 1″, Green Stars – 1/2″, Baby Stars – 3/4″, Blue Sky – 1/2″, Baby Dots – 1/2″. Adhere together, with Snail Adhesive, to make a 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″.
- Stamp the “love you more than all the stars” sentiment in Versamark Ink. Cover with Whisper White Stampin’ Embossing Powder and set with a Heat Tool. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Cut 6″ strips of the following: Silver Mini Sequin Trim, Silver & Petal Pink Baker’s Twine, Silver & Pool Party Baker’s Twine. Adhere to the card base as shown with 2 Mini Glue Dots.
- Stamp the letters “baby” from the Lined Alphabet Stamp Set in Stazon Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Using a Big Shot and the coordinating Layering Alphabet Edgelits Dies, crop the letters and then snip the remaining with a Paper Snips. Apply color with an Aqua Painter and the following Classic Inks: Night of Navy, Soft Sea Foam, Petal Pink, & Balmy Blue. Adhere with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Crop pieces of Vellum Cardstock with the Everyday Label and Starburst Punches.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to a 2 1/4″ square. Zip through the Big Shot in the Maps, Etc Embossing Folder.
- Stamp the heart in Night of Navy Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Use an Aqua Painter to add color to the heart if desired. Snip out with a Paper Snips.
- Assemble the elements as shown, using Snail Adhesive and Stampin’ Dimensionals, adding Silver Metallic Thread & Silver Mini Sequins Trim to complete the look.
- For a final touch, add Silver Adhesive-Backed Stars to various areas of the card.
I had an idea of the layout I wanted to use, but it took me some time to get it finalized. I am hoping my instructions help those that may want to CASE it complete it faster than I. Stampin’ Up! has done a fabulous job with the coordinating products in the Twinkle Twinkle Suite. I love the Twinkle Adhesive-Backed Sequins and they really make the card.
The card contains 3 new Core Colors” Soft Sea Foam, Balmy Blue, and Petal Pink…all part of the Subtles family! This color combination used in the Twinkle Twinkle Designer Series Paper is spectacular and is perfect for a baby card or decoration.
What do you love about this card? The layout, colors, embellishments or everything? I vote for everything :).
Now it’s time to use the Blog Hop Line-up below to see what the rest of my Pals have chosen as their “favorite”. Don’t forget to show us some love by commenting on our creations.
Mark your calendars for August 8, 2018 when we Cut it Out! Participants will showcase projects featuring “cuts” from punches, Framelits, Edgelits, or Thinlits. Don’t miss the fun.
Blog Hop Line-Up:
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Su Mohr at Aromas And Art
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stamping Habit
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Lori Pinto at LollyPop Paper and Ink
- Terri George at Stamp Me Crafty
- Mary Hanson at Up North Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! (YOU ARE HERE!)
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Leah O’Brien at Stamping By The Bay
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Rachael at Bluebonnet Stampin
- Lisa Milligan at Stamp Create Share
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!