This week I have the great honor of being the Global Design Project Guest Designer for Color Challenge 093. How did I receive this honor? By participating in the Color Challenge 089 and being selected by the Design Team as a Winner! You can see the card that was selected and my post with details by clicking this link (or the photo below): Take a Bike Ride to Global Design Project 089 Color Challenge!
So today is the debut for my week long honor as the Guest Designer and I couldn’t be more humbled and excited. When I first received the colors for the challenge, I was a little worried. I love the color combination of the all new In-Colors: Lemon-Lime Twist and Berry Burst, but trying to implement the light blue of the Pool Party color into the mix had me thinking outside my norm. I decided to go Bright and Bold with the two New In-Colors and subtle with the Pool Party. I hope you like what I came up with.
This card features several new items from the 2017-2018 Stampin’ Up! Annual Catalog that was released on June 1st. I have been dying to use the new Graceful Garden Stamp Set. It has perfect images for watercoloring and if you follow my blog, you know that the watercolor techniques are a signature of mine. Keep checking back as I am going to try and step-it-up with watercoloring and also share some videos in the near future.
I use the Aqua Painters to apply my color, the brushes make it simple to get just the right amount of water you need for each application. If you haven’t used them yet, add them to your collection and take some time to practice and test out the different looks you get with more/less water and color. Once you get the hang of it (and believe me, I am still learning) a whole new world of card making / paper crafting opens up.
- Card Base is Thick Whisper White Cardstock cut to 5 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- I wrapped three of the new ribbons around the base of the card. The Berry Burst 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon was wrapped through middle and adhered with a touch of Snail Adhesive. Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon was wrapped twice, once on the top and once on the bottom of the Berry Burst (also adhered with Snail Adhesive). The Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon was wrapped twice over the top of the Berry Burst and then secured with a bow.
- I cut a piece of Pool Party Cardstock to 4.25 in x 5.25 in and adhered it to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals. I offset it so that it would not cover up my Whisper White Bow.
- The Shimmery White Cardstock (great for watercolor techniques) was cut to 4 in x 5in. I added a drop of Pool Party Ink to a touch of the new Embossing Paste (which I just love) and applied it to the Shimmery White Cardstock with the help of the Diamond Pattern Decorative Mask and the Long and Skinny Palette Knife. I let the Embossing Paste dry while I cleaned off the tools (it dries fast so tools need to be washed pronto). I then grabbed an Aqua Painter and added some Lemon Lime Twist Ink over the top of the Pool Party Embossing Paste.
- I stamped two of the Large Roses and three of the Small Roses from the Graceful Garden Stamp Set with Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I then added the color (Berry Burst on the Roses and Lemon-Lime Twist on the Stems/Leaves) again with an Aqua Painter. I cut each image out with the Paper Snips (fussy cutting is my therapy) and adhered them to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals and Snail Adhesive. Any leaves that overhung the card base were snipped off to keep the edges clean.
- The ‘I Adore You’ Sentiment (also from the Graceful Garden Stamp Set) was stamped in Basic Black on Shimmery White and then snipped out with the Paper Snips, using the curvature of the letters as my guide.
- The final touch was added by placing three of the yellow toned Glitter Enamel Dots strategically on the card.
I hope you like my Guest Designer Card Creation for this week’s Global Design Project. I was unsure at first of the color combination but actually think it works pretty well together. Please feel free to leave comments on what you like, don’t like or questions you may have. I read and respond to every one of them!
The natural lighting in this last photo really brought out the watercolor dimension of this card. It is amazing what proper lighting can do for the presentation of any creation!
Only a few more days to take advantage of the Stampin’ Rewards Free Product Bonus and the Enamel Glitter Dots as the Free Hoot Loot for the Month of June! See details below:
LOVE FREE PRODUCTS? GET A $35 BONUS! June 1 – 30. Place an order of $350 or more and get $35 in BONUS FREE STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Bonus applies to individual on-line customer order, as well as a workshop host benefit. Details are shown below!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for June is Glitter Enamel Dots! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.