I was ready for a quick and simple card and I thought that the Hello There and the Cute Little Bear from the Pick a Pattern Suite (Pieces and Patterns Stamp Set) by Stampin’ Up! would fit the bill perfectly! It was so simple in fact, that I decided to make two of them to have on hand.
Crushed Curry watercolors so well! You can easily achieve shading depth with an Aqua Painter and Shimmery White Cardstock. It only took a few minutes (if even) to add color the background and the bears. I also used Crushed Curry Classic Ink on my Welcome Baby Card, which you can see here: A Baby Card with A Little Wild Bundle
- Card Base is my go-to Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to make a standard size A2 card that fits perfectly in our Medium Envelopes.
- I selected the Crushed Curry Colored DSP from the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper Pack, cut it 1/8 in smaller than the card base and adhered it with Snail Adhesive.
- Basic Black Cardstock was cut to 3.875 in x 5.125 in. It was adhered to the DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Shimmery White Cardstock was cut 3.75 in x 5 in. I applied Crushed Curry Classic Ink with an Aqua Painter to the bottom right portion of the card. I then took a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker to grab some black color with Aqua Painter, squeezed heavily on the water and then shook it against the paper to get the black splatter.
- I wrapped some Crushed Curry Solid Bakers Twine around the Shimmery White Cardstock and secured it with a ribbon. I added two of the Eclectic Shaped Paper Clips in coordinating colors to the edge before adhering it with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The final touch was added by gluing some Black Metallics Sequin Strategically to the card with a Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
The Pick a Pattern Suite is fabulous. The Designer Series Paper is so fun and versatile. One side has wonderful patters and the other has cute images that can be cut out with a Paper Snips. The Eclectic Paper Clips are fun to add to your project and the Baker’s Twine always adds to any project.
The images in the Pieces and Patterns Stamp Set coordinate wonderfully with the Pick a Pattern Designer Series Paper. They are fun to color and fussy cut or just leave as is.
You can make this card in any color combination you would like (or need). I cannot wait to send this cute little bear to a deserving recipient.
LOVE FREE PRODUCTS? GET A $35 BONUS! June 1 – 30. Place an order of $350 or more and get $35 in BONUS FREE STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Bonus applies to individual on-line customer order, as well as a workshop host benefit. Details are shown below!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for June is Glitter Enamel Dots! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.