A Shimmery Happy Birthday Gorgeous
Today is all about the shimmer! I have been eyeing up the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle for awhile so decided that I would attempt to create a card. I basically stuck with my signature style…Square, Watercolor Wash, Ribbon….it was my first time using the New In-Color Fresh Fig and I went all out on the shimmer!
Want to get your shimmer on? Below shows the items I used on my card to add a whole lot of shimmer. It is hard to capture the beauty of the Shimmer Ribbon on camera, is is probably at the top of my list (for today anyway) for my favorite ribbon in the New 2017-2018 Annual Catalog.
The Shimmery White 8.5 x 11 Cardstock is wonderful for the watercolor wash background technique. The new In-Color Fresh Fig was applied with an Aqua Painter. I added several layers to create depth and dimension. You can see it well, along with the shimmer, in the picture below.
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to make a square card
- Black Cardstock is cut to 5.25 x 5.25 in and adhered to the card base with Fast Fuse Adhesive
- The Shimmery White Cardstock is cut to 5.1875 in x 5.1875 in. Fresh Fig Classic Ink was applied (in layers) with an Aqua Painter to create a watercolor wash background. A piece of Shimmer Ribbon in Black was wrapped around the left side and secured with a bow. It was adhered to the Basic Black Cardstock with Foam Adhesive Strips to give it some extra lift.
- The Happy Birthday Die (from the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle) was zipped through the Big Shot twice. Once with Fresh Fig and then again with Basic Black Cardstock . They were adhered together (slightly offset) with Multipurpose Liquid Glue and then attached to the Shimmery White Cardstock with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The flowers were all stamped first in Fresh Fig Classic Ink and then the outline was applied with Basic Black Archival Ink. I then took a Wink of Stella Clear Brush and applied it to each of flowers to add some more shimmer. The flower stems were stamped Basic Black and then colored with Lemon-Lime Twist. I snipped out each flower and stems (which were also snipped in half) with the Paper Snips, adhered them together and to the card with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The sentiment ‘you look gorgeous’ was stamped in Basic Black and quickly cropped it out with the Coordinating Classic Label Punch.
- The final touch was added with the two Glitter Enamel Dots.
Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle – Price: $36.75
I hope you enjoyed todays card! If was fun to make and I absolutely love the shimmer effect!
LOVE FREE PRODUCTS? GET A $35 BONUS! June 1 – 30. Place an order of $350 or more and get $35 in BONUS FREE STAMPIN’ REWARDS! Bonus applies to individual on-line customer order, as well as a workshop host benefit. Details are shown below!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for June is Glitter Enamel Dots! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.