Twinkle Twinkle Baby for GDP 095 Theme Challenge
Today’s card was created for the Global Design Project 095 Theme Challenge: Kids. My first thought was to use the No Bones About it Stamp Set because what is more kids (boys of course) then dinosaurs? Then I scrolled through the Design Team Submissions and Steffi Helmschrott’s card captured my thoughts and took over..I knew I had to try an attempt at the “no lines” watercolor technique. Steffi is the queen of this technique and I love everything creation she has shared with us. So I let Google translate her blog to see how she explained making her card and went to work. Although mine isn’t quite as “no line” as I would have hoped, I don’t think my first attempt turned out all too bad. Next time I will stamp-off twice before stamping my image on the cardstock (this was my last piece of Shimmery White).
I stamped the images and sentiments (all from the Moon Baby Stamp Set) in Smoky Slate Classic Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. The picture images were stamped-off onto Grid Paper to lighten the look of the lines. The sentiments were stamped in full force.
The Moon, Baby and Stars were all colored with an Aqua Painter. The Moon is Smoky Slate, applying heavier color in the corners, edges and around the baby. Baby’s pajamas are Pool Party, Face and Hand are Powder Pink and Butt Patch is Crushed Curry. The Stars are also Crushed Curry Classic Ink. I applied a very light layer of Pool Party around the stars to make a twilight sky.
The Card Base is Smoky Slate cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to make a standard size card. The Pool Party Cardstock was cut to 4 in x 5.25 in and adhered to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Shimmery White Cardstock was cut to 3.75 in x 5 in and adhered to the Pool Party with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
I stamped the stars two more times on a scrap piece of paper, colored them and cut them out with a Paper Snips. They were adhered with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I hope you like my baby card created for the Global Design Project 095 Theme Challenge. Now I just need someone we know to have a boy so I have someone to send it to!
Don’t forget all these great specials going on for the month of July! Have questions? Send me an email or leave me a comment! I am always more than happy to help!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for July are the Hearts and Stars Elements! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
STAMPIN’ UP! BONUS DAYS! JULY 1 – 31. EARN IN JULY. REDEEM IN AUGUST!
- For every $50 (on a single order, price before shipping and tax) you spend between July 1-31, you’ll earn a $5.00 Bonus Days coupon that you can redeem between August 1 – 31, 2017.
EARNING (JULY 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- Keep Your Codes! Save both the email containing your Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be re-sent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Requires Email! An email address is required to participate; bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- No Limit! There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
REDEEMING (AUGUST 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- No Limit! There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- What Will You Use Your Coupon Codes For? Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any Stampin’ Up! product, excluding Starter Kits, Stampin’ (Host) Rewards and Paper Pumpkin month to month subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin kits (1, 3, 6 and 12 month fixed subscriptions) can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
THE BEST JULY DEAL OF ALL! The $99 Starter Kit is a fabulous way to purchase Stampin’ Up! products at a discount. Get $72 worth of BONUS products when you purchase the $99 Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! in July. No risk. No obligation to purchase anything further. No penalty to drop!
I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! Purchase the kit and join through me and enjoy the benefits of being part of my team – The Hootenannies. My community is pressure-free, friendly and loaded with exclusive paper crafting ideas and resources (and you the get benefit of also being part of the Pals). Get the full scoop here and please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions. I’m happy to help.