A Fabulous Flamingo Thank You Card for Kylie’s International Blog Highlights
So it’s that time of month again where Kylie Bertucci gathers Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators from around the globe to highlight their work and blog! I gotta admit, when I saw this month’s theme, I was a little worried: THEME: Gratitude inspired by Thailand. The Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators that qualified for the 2017 Incentive Trip are currently celebrating and relaxing in beautiful Thailand! I have seen so many pictures of the beautiful views and scenery, I can’t wait to join them on the next adventure…here is to hard work that I will pay off for me!
First, I needed to figure out what stamp set I had that had anything to do with representing Thailand. Next, what was I going to do to make a card that put all the pieces together. As I was at swimming lessons with my boys this morning (nothing like waiting until the last minute, right?), I had an idea. I decided to search “Flamingos in Thailand” cause lets face it, I don’t know a lot about Thailand. I was so happy to see that they do exist and they had pictures showing what they look like! So I saved the picture to my computer, dug around in my scraps until I found a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock I could fit the Flamingo on, and I went to work.
I saw the Stampin’ Up! Classic Ink Colors of Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo within the feathers of the Flamingo so I based my design off of that. The stamp set has palm leaves (which I am not sure if they have in Thailand) but I decided that Lemon-Lime Twist coordinated really well with the bright pink of Melon Mambo…so I had my color combination and was ready to design the layout.
I would be so extremely grateful if you would take the time to hop on over to Kylie’s Blog (by clicking the picture below) and cast your vote for your TOP 5 Favorite creations. The top ten winners will partake in an international blog hop with Kylie in the near future. To cast your vote, please click on the heart located in the upper top right hand side of the photo. My submission happens to be #31!
- Card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in to made a standard size card that fits perfectly in our Medium Size Envelopes.
- A piece of Melon Mambo Cardstock was cut to 4 in x 5.25 in. A piece of Whisper White Cardstock was cut to 3.875 in x 5.125 in and adhered to the Melon Mambo with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- I wrapped a piece of the Lemon Lime Twist 1/4″ Ombre Ribbon around the Melon Mambo and White and securing it with a bow, prior to adhering it to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped the “Thanks” sentiment (also from the Fabulous Flamingo set) directly on the Whisper White Cardstock below the bow with Basic Black Archival Ink.
- I stamped the Palm Leaves on Shimmery White Cardstock with Lemon-Lime Twist Classic In-Color Ink and then cut them out with the Paper Snips. I adhered them with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The Flamingo was stamped in Basic Black Archival Ink and then colored with an Aqua Painter. I alternated the following pinks: Pink Pirouette, Blushing Bride and Melon Mambo. The Flamingo was also fussy cut with Paper Snips and adhered with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The final touch (as most always) was added with Enamel Shaped Hearts in Melon Mambo and stamping some coordinating palm leaves to the envelope.
I hope you enjoy what you see! I sure enjoy making them and sharing them with everyone. If you have any questions at all for me, please do not hesitate to ask by leaving a comment or sending an email. I am always more than happy to help!
Don’t forget all these great specials going on for the month of July! Have questions? Send me an email or leave me a comment! I am always more than happy to help!
My FREE HOOT LOOT for July are the Hearts and Stars Elements! See how to earn Free Monthly Hoot Loot by clicking on the photo below:
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
STAMPIN’ UP! BONUS DAYS! JULY 1 – 31. EARN IN JULY. REDEEM IN AUGUST!
- For every $50 (on a single order, price before shipping and tax) you spend between July 1-31, you’ll earn a $5.00 Bonus Days coupon that you can redeem between August 1 – 31, 2017.
EARNING (JULY 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- Keep Your Codes! Save both the email containing your Bonus Days coupon codes AND write down the coupon codes in a safe place. Codes cannot be re-sent if the email is lost, and lost codes cannot be recovered.
- Requires Email! An email address is required to participate; bonus Days coupon codes can only be delivered via email.
- No Limit! There is no limit to the number of coupons you can receive per order or throughout the duration of the promotion.
REDEEMING (AUGUST 1-31) IMPORTANT DETAILS!
- No Limit! There is no limit on the number of coupons participants can use on an order during redemption.
- What Will You Use Your Coupon Codes For? Bonus Days coupon codes can be redeemed for any Stampin’ Up! product, excluding Starter Kits, Stampin’ (Host) Rewards and Paper Pumpkin month to month subscriptions. New prepaid Paper Pumpkin kits (1, 3, 6 and 12 month fixed subscriptions) can be discounted with Bonus Days coupons.
THE BEST JULY DEAL OF ALL! The $99 Starter Kit is a fabulous way to purchase Stampin’ Up! products at a discount. Get $72 worth of BONUS products when you purchase the $99 Starter Kit and join Stampin’ Up! in July. No risk. No obligation to purchase anything further. No penalty to drop!
I WELCOME HOBBY STAMPERS! Purchase the kit and join through me and enjoy the benefits of being part of my team – The Hootenannies. My community is pressure-free, friendly and loaded with exclusive paper crafting ideas and resources (and you the get benefit of also being part of the Pals). Get the full scoop here and please don’t hesitate to email me with any questions. I’m happy to help.
Have a Hoot-a-Riffic Day!