Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights : July Top Ten Winners Blog Hop
Theme: Gratitude Inspired by Thailand
Welcome to the Top Ten Winners Blog Hop! You may remember my post from a few weeks ago asking for you to vote? Didn’t see it? You can by clicking here: A Fabulous Flamingo Thank You Card Well, thanks to all you wonderful people that took the time to vote, it did the trick! I landed as #7 in the Top Ten and have the honor of hopping along with Kylie Bertucci, Australia’s #1 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, and the other wonderfully talented winners!
Prior to participating in Kylie’s International Highlights with the Gratitude Inspired by Thailand Theme, I never really paid attention to Thailand’s beauty. After seeing several posts and pictures from the Top Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators that attended the Incentive Trip to Thailand, I had no idea what I was missing. The scenery is stunning! I wanted to create something that mimicked what you might see when visiting this beautiful land! Since I am a sucker for sunsets, I wanted to incorporate one into my card. While I created my card from memory of what I viewed previously, I grabbed a photo that I found while writing this post so that you can see what I mean! BEAUTIFUL!
I have to admit, since I have lived my entire life in Four Season Wisconsin, I never paid much attention to Palm Trees and I did not know that the Palm Leaves were called Fronds! Thanks to Kylie’s International Highlights, I now know and will use the proper verbiage in this post :).
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- Shimmery White Cardstock was cut to 4.125 in x 5.375 in.
- I applied color to the Shimmery White Cardstock with an Aqua Painter and these Classic Ink Colors:
- Sky and Water: Island Indigo
- Sunset: Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry
- Sand: Sahara Sand
- I stamped the Palm Fronds (Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set) in Lemon-Lime Twist onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I then added some Old Olive with an Aqua Painter for depth. The Palm Fronds were snipped out with a Paper Snips and adhered with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The touch of grass was stamped in Old Olive. I only inked up part of the stamp before applying to the cardstock.
- The sentiments (also from Fabulous Flamingo) were stamped in Island Indigo and Soft Suede.
- The adirondack chair is from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits and was quickly cropped out by zipping it through the BigShot with Whisper White Cardstock.
I love to hear your thoughts, questions and comments! Please feel free to ask away and I am more than happy to respond!
Now make sure you visit with the rest of the Top Ten Winners participating in today’s Blog Hop. Don’t forget to leave them some love!
I love sharing multiple photos of my various creations. Different angles and lighting assist the viewer in creating a feeling that the card is there in front of you. Hopefully it will also help those that would like to CASE or re-create the card on their own.
A list of the products used in today’s post. Click on the image to visit my store, or click on the PDF link at the bottom to print a copy!
Don’t forget to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of August, Earn the Fabulous Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon as your free item by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?