Kylie Bertucci’s International Highlights : July Top Ten Winners Blog Hop
Theme: Gratitude Inspired by Thailand
Welcome to the Top Ten Winners Blog Hop! You may remember my post from a few weeks ago asking for you to vote? Didn’t see it? You can by clicking here: A Fabulous Flamingo Thank You Card Well, thanks to all you wonderful people that took the time to vote, it did the trick! I landed as #7 in the Top Ten and have the honor of hopping along with Kylie Bertucci, Australia’s #1 Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator, and the other wonderfully talented winners!
Prior to participating in Kylie’s International Highlights with the Gratitude Inspired by Thailand Theme, I never really paid attention to Thailand’s beauty. After seeing several posts and pictures from the Top Stampin’ Up! Demonstrators that attended the Incentive Trip to Thailand, I had no idea what I was missing. The scenery is stunning! I wanted to create something that mimicked what you might see when visiting this beautiful land! Since I am a sucker for sunsets, I wanted to incorporate one into my card. While I created my card from memory of what I viewed previously, I grabbed a photo that I found while writing this post so that you can see what I mean! BEAUTIFUL!
I have to admit, since I have lived my entire life in Four Season Wisconsin, I never paid much attention to Palm Trees and I did not know that the Palm Leaves were called Fronds! Thanks to Kylie’s International Highlights, I now know and will use the proper verbiage in this post :).
- Card Base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 4.25 in x 11 in and scored / folded at 5.5 in.
- Shimmery White Cardstock was cut to 4.125 in x 5.375 in.
- I applied color to the Shimmery White Cardstock with an Aqua Painter and these Classic Ink Colors:
- Sky and Water: Island Indigo
- Sunset: Tangerine Tango and Crushed Curry
- Sand: Sahara Sand
- I stamped the Palm Fronds (Fabulous Flamingo Stamp Set) in Lemon-Lime Twist onto Shimmery White Cardstock. I then added some Old Olive with an Aqua Painter for depth. The Palm Fronds were snipped out with a Paper Snips and adhered with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The touch of grass was stamped in Old Olive. I only inked up part of the stamp before applying to the cardstock.
- The sentiments (also from Fabulous Flamingo) were stamped in Island Indigo and Soft Suede.
- The adirondack chair is from the Seasonal Layers Thinlits and was quickly cropped out by zipping it through the BigShot with Whisper White Cardstock.
I love to hear your thoughts, questions and comments! Please feel free to ask away and I am more than happy to respond!
Now make sure you visit with the rest of the Top Ten Winners participating in today’s Blog Hop. Don’t forget to leave them some love!
I love sharing multiple photos of my various creations. Different angles and lighting assist the viewer in creating a feeling that the card is there in front of you. Hopefully it will also help those that would like to CASE or re-create the card on their own.
A list of the products used in today’s post. Click on the image to visit my store, or click on the PDF link at the bottom to print a copy!
Don’t forget to take advantage of my Monthly Hoot Loot! During the month of August, Earn the Fabulous Smoky Slate Gingham Ribbon as your free item by placing a $50 order and entering the host code shown below. More details by clicking this photo:
Ready to take a stroll through my online store?
10 thoughts on “Kylie’s International Top Ten July Winners Blog Hop”
Super card Stesha! Love those beautiful colors.
Thank you Rae! Yours is fabulous as well!
Great card! Nice background.
Beautiful Stesha! Lovely colours and I am in awe of your individually trimmed palm “fronds”! Love it! xx
What a stunning card Stesha i love the beautiful fresh and bright colours ! It’s so cold and miserable here in Sydney Australia ATM it’s sure made me look forward to warmer weather
I love your scene Stesha! Thats one of the things I really enjoy about SU, the gorgeous things that you can create with an Aqua Painter and ink! makes me want to sit in that chair and just chillax xx
Fabulous card, love your beautiful strong colours, perfect sunset in a stunning location 🙂 I can just see myself in that chair 😉 thanks for sharing 🙂
Beautifully watercolored sunset Stesha
Stunning watercolor Stesha! That scene brings to mind beautiful warm holidays!
Thank you Sandra!