A Little Wild Elephant Baby Shower Card
A Little Wild!
One of my favorite bundles from the 2017-2018 Annual Catalog! These cute little animals are so fun to create with and I love that they have a front and back side. Even though the stamp set and coordinating framelits will be available in the 2018-2019 Annual Catalog, the savings of 10% by purchasing the bundle will be going away as of May 31st, 2018. So if you love this bundle and want to save 10%, buy it now!
- With a Stampin’ Trimmer, cut a piece of Whisper White Thick Cardstock to 4 1/4″ x 11″. Score and fold at 5 1/2″.
- Cut a piece of Soft Suede Cardstock to 4 1/8″ x 5 3/8″ and another to 3 3/8″ x 4 5/8″. Adhere the larger piece to the card base with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Nature’s Poem Designer Series Paper (Available June 1st, 2018) to 4″ x 5 1/4″. Adhere with Snail Adhesive.
- Cut a piece of Shimmery White Cardstock to 3 1/4 x 4 1/2″. Smooch with Mint Macaron Classic Ink. (Download the Smooching Technique Tutorial) Adhere to the smaller piece of Soft Suede with Snail Adhesive and then to the card with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the Elephant (A Little Wild Bundle) 4 times in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Crop with coordinating framelits, Big Shot and a Magnetic Platform.
- Color each elephant with an Aqua Painter, Smoky Slate, and Blushing Bride Classic Ink.
- With a Paper Snips, carefully cut two elephants apart and fold the other two to create tags.
- Take one of the cut elephants and snip out the head and the behind. Adhere to the other snipped elephants (as shown) with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Using the greenery die, crop out two pieces of Mint Macaron with a Big Shot. Criss cross them and adhere with a Stampin’ Dimensional.
- Adhere the front of the elephant over the center with Stampin’ Dimensionals. Adhere the back of the elephant to the same area on the inside of the card.
- Stamp two flowers in Basic Black Archival Ink onto Shimmery White Cardstock. Color with an Aqua Painter, So Saffron, Soft Suede, and Garden Green Ink.
- Crop the flowers with the coordinating dies, Big Shot and Magentic Platform. Adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Stamp the sentiment as shown in Soft Suede Ink.
- Stamp the BABY letters using the Labeler Alphabet and Soft Suede Ink. Snip with a Paper Snips and adhere with Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals.
I love images that are watercolored but not quite perfect. The more artistic the look, the more I love it. I didn’t spend a ton of time on coloring, just added a few shading areas after the first full coverage application. Do you like to watercolor? Want to give it a try? Aqua Painters are my free hoot loot for the month of April. Place an order of $50+ using this month’s host code and you will receive them in May! Best time to try something, when it doesn’t cost anything!
Isn’t the elephants behind just the cutest? I love that when you open the card to see the inside, you are greeted by the backside! That is my favorite feature of the A Little Wild Bundle. Don’t forget, if you order this bundle before May 31st, you will receive 10% off! When the new catalog launches, the bundled price will no longer be available.
Click on the images below to shop my online store or click the link below to print to pdf!