A Scrapbook Layout with Sunshine and a 10% Off Bundle!
I just love making scrapbook pages! I have to say, I have fabulous subjects! They are both Sunshine in our lives so I had to make a page to reflect that. My two son’s, Preston and Parker, make it so easy for me to create eye catching scrapbook pages. On Sunday, April 23rd, we were able to attend a Twins Game at Target Field! The weather was beautiful! Sunny and warm for an April day. Afterwards, we headed to my Sister-in-Law’s house so the boys could get some play time together. Parker was nice enough to play around and allow me to take some photos of him. I was so glad he did cause the photos were perfect for a scrapbook page.
Scrapbook Layout Details:
- Layout Base Pages: 2 Sheets from the Moroccan Designer Series Paper. This DSP has been discontinued and is currently marked 30% off the retail price (while supplies last or until May 31st).
- Layers: 2 Full Sheets of Very Vanilla Cardstock and 2 Pieces Cut to 2.5 in x 4 in for journaling.
- The circle was created by cutting a piece of scrap cardstock, shaping by tracing a round item and cutting with the Paper Snips. I then glued the two pictures down with Fast Fuse Adhesive. I turned the over so I could see the circle and then cut the photos to match.
- The sun rays were created by cutting pieces of Daffodil Delight Cardstock into random, uneven widths. They were then cut down and adhered to the scrapbook layout with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- The letters that make up SUNSHINE are from the Stamp Set Letters for You. They were stamped on Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock (available June 1st) using Dapper Denim Ink. They were then cut out using the Coordinating Large Letters Framelits Dies with the Big Shot and Magnetic Platform to keep them in place. The Letters for You Bundle is available until May 31st, 2017 for 10% Off ($14.80 Savings).
- Additional Stamps Sets used on this layout are: Scenic Sayings (Oh Happy Day and Love You Sentiments), Balloon Adventures (Here’s to Another Year Full of Adventures Sentiment), Cool Treats (Your’re), Labeler Alphabet (our), Project Life Date It (Spring 2017), Epic Alphabet -Retired- (parker and heart), Tabs for Everything (Wonderful, Sun, Adorable, and Amazing small words).
- The small wood bubble window is from the Project Life Moments Like These Accessory Pack, which is discontinued and marked 20% Off. It was adhered with the Fine-Tip Glue Pen, my Free Hoot Loot during the month of May! Check out my Hoot Loot Page to see how you can qualify.
- I finished off the page by adding Enameled Shapes that coordinate with the page colors.
I would love to hear your comments! Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have, I am more than happy to help!
Don’t miss out on this month’s May Hoot Loot! Place a on-line store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax), enter the host code 23DCFPMF and you will earn the Fine Tip Glue Pen for FREE!
My list of products used in this post. Click on the images to shop or click on the link at the bottom to print a pdf.
Baby Thank You Cards! A Perfect Gift for a New Mommy!
Have a friend or family member that is a new mommy? Since most new moms / families get showered with gifts for the new baby, they end up writing a lot of thank you notes. What better way to help them out by gifting them a set of handmade baby thank you cards, a perfect gift they can send out to show their gratitude. A dozen of these were whipped together, as well as coordinating envelopes & a box to hold them, and sent to my son’s teacher when she had her baby. This was back in October 2016, so the pictures below were dug out of the archives (hence the different backgrounds).
Several items used to make this card are retiring on May 31st (or while supplies last). Don’t miss out on these fabulous stamp sets that both coordinate with the Baby’s First Framelits Dies. I think it is always a bonus when framelits dies coordinate with more than one stamp set. A double bang for your precious buck!
- The card base is Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 8.25 in and scored / folded at 4.25 in.
- The Baby Onesie from the Made With Love Stamp Set was stamped on Watercolor Paper with Basic Black Archival Ink and colored with an Aqua Painter and Pool Party Classic Ink. It was then cropped out by zipping it through the Big Shot with the coordinating die from the Baby’s First Framelits Dies.
- The Polka-dot Tie from the Something for Baby Stamp Set was stamped in Pool Party Classic Ink and also run the Big Shot with it’s matching die.
- The Thoughtful Banners Photopolymer Bundle (available for 10% Off through May 31st) was used for the Thank You Sentiment.
- I LOVE! all the Mettalic Thread Stampin’ Up! has available. I used the Basic Black to coordinate with this set. #lovethemetallicthread
- The splatters of black dots behind the onesie, is from the fabulous Timeless Textures stamp set. Another staple in my stamp collection.
- Night of Navy Classic Ink was used on the Tie for the box decor and the congratulations sentiment was cropped out perfectly with the Classic Label Punch (A MUST HAVE!),
- The Polka Dot paper is not a Stampin’ Up! Item, it was from my collection that has been collecting dust for ten years 🙂 (I rarely use Non-Stampin’ Up! products).
I think these three colors pair very well together! I will use them again on future creations!
Unfortunately, I did not write down instructions or dimensions for the box I created to hold the thank you cards. I will do another in the future and add the details.
The following items shown below are retiring May 31st or while supplies last.
Get them while you still can!
Made With Love Photopolymer Set (Retiring)
Something For Baby Clear or Wood-Mount Stamp Set (Retiring)
Baby’s First Framelits Dies (Retiring)
Thoughtful Banners Photopolymer Bundle Available at 10% Off Through May 31st!
You can shop all categories of retiring items by clicking the buttons below:
Earn FREE Hoot Loot! with each qualifying order of $50+ before shipping and tax. Click on the image below to read more about how you can get a new Hoot Loot! Item FREE each month!
My Product Supply List. Click on the Image to Shop or Link at the Bottom to Print a PDF!
Have a hoot-a-riffic day!
Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May 2017. We are thankful you stopped by to take a look at our 2017 Blog Hop monthly themes. This month we are featuring projects that are “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques. We hope to provide you with lots of ideas and that you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
For today’s “stepped up” by using textures or fun techniques theme, I created a card using the watercolor wash background technique. This technique is trending and I am so happy because I love using it. A vast variety of my creations use a watercolor wash background. This one just happens to feature a New 2017-2019 In-Color: Lemon-Lime Twist, my personal favorite!
A visual of the products needed are always nice to have. Below are the few things you need to created a watercolor wash background.
Here are the Supplies Needed to create a Watercolor Wash Background:
Watercolor Paper 122959
Classic Ink Refill
Classic Ink Pad or Similar to hold Ink
A few tips for you to help create a watercolor wash background as shown above:
1) Start Light; stay light on the ink, heavier on the water; apply with aqua painter to a wide area of coverage to start.
2) Add Debth: slowly add more ink with the aqua painter; lighter on the water this time; apply to smaller areas of coverage, working your way out; stopping about 1/2 in. before the edge of the previous layer.
3) Tip: you can always add more color as needed; it’s nearly impossible to take color away
- Retiring and 40% Off: I used the Pop of Pink Specialty Designer Series Paper as part of the background layers and the envelope. Black pairs so well with the new In-Color Lemon-Lime Twist, this was the first thing I grabbed to go with my card.
- Stampin’ Up!’s Watercolor Paper paired with the Aqua Painter are a must for the watercolor wash background technique. It allows you to easily blend and spread your colors to your liking, I highly recommend them to get a good result.
- The Banner Triple Punch makes cropping the flagged end of the black banner a breeze.
- The splash of black dots over the watercolor wash background was created using a stamp from the Gorgeous Grunge Set. This set is retiring May 31st, so scoop it up while you can! I will miss it in my collection.
- The final pop to this card was added using the Metallics Sequin Assortment, which is retiring and also marked down 40%.
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Karen Gooch at Inker’s Workshop
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Tague at Beyond Beaches & Blessings
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Peggy Noe at Prettypapercards
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Jeanie Stark at Just Stampin’
- Stesha Bloodhart at Stampin’ Hoot! —— YOU ARE HERE!
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Becky Retzer at Just in Thyme
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Karen Zaring Browning at Stamp With Me KZB
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Rae Harper-Burnet at Wild West Paper Arts
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps.com
My project supply list (items available now):
A Fun Birthday Card using the Balloon Adventures Bundle!
My son was pretty excited to attend a birthday party for his friend today. I was excited because it gave me one more reason to use the Balloon Adventures / Party Animal Suite prior to it going away on May 31st. This Suite it fantastic! I love all the coordinating elements it has to offer. The bright and bold combination of colors (Crushed Curry, Emerald Envy, Pacific Point and Tangerine Tango) make the creations pop! I hope the 8 year-old recipient enjoys this fun birthday card using Balloon Adventures.
For this card I chose to use the three colors from the diagonal striped sheets of designer series paper included in the pack of Party Animal DSP.
- The card base uses my go-to of Whisper White Thick Cardstock cut to 5.5 in x 11 and scored/folded at 5.5 in to make a square card (sound familiar? I use this size quite a bit in my creations).
- The piece of diagonal striped DSP from the Party Animal Designer Series Paper was cut to 5 in x 5 in and adhered to the card base with Fast Fuse Adhesive.
- A piece of Whisper White Cardstock was cut to 4.75 in x 4.75 in. I stamped two balloons in Crushed Curry Classic Ink on the base, along with all the balloon strings and the It’s Your Birthday sentiment, all from the Balloon Adventures Photopolymer stamp set. I added some coordinating colors of Enamel Shapes sporadically on the card and adhered it to the DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- I stamped two more of each balloon in Emerald Envy and Pacific Point Classic Inks and cropped them out with the coordinating Balloon Bouquet Punch. I adhered a couple to the card with Fast Fuse and a couple with Dimensionals to give the balloon bouquet a 3-D feel. The banner was stamped and cut out with the Paper Snips then adhered to the card with Dimensionals.
I love leaving some white space on the card. I think it helps to draw your attention a little more towards the focal point. This is a preference of mine, you can change it up to whatever suits your style! With this suite you really can’t go wrong.
Here is another card I made with this suite. I used Crumb Cake as the card base added some of the Party Animal Washi Tape and used Tangerine Tango instead of the Pacific Point. Which is your favorite?
Balloon Adventures Photopolymer Stamp Set – Price: $26.00
Balloon Pop-Up Thinlits Dies – Price :
$33.00 – $16.50
Today is the last day to earn my April Free Hoot Loot! If you place an order of $50+ and add the host code KW42PTJJ, I will send you the Silver 1/8″ Ribbon for Free!
I added the option of signing up for emails of my blog posts and my monthly news letter. You can do so by entering your information in the Get Notified area in the right side bar of my blog. Have questions? Please feel free to contact me at any time, I am happy to answer any question you may have!
Have a Hoot-a-riffic day!
Clearance Rack Refreshed!
Good News! The Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack has been Refreshed! A lot of items have been discounted deeply and should be snagged quickly before they disappear. Stamp sets, gorgeous paper, amazing embellishments, fun punches and more! Don’t delay, these products, at discounted prices, are only available WHILE SUPPLIES LAST!
Click HERE (or the image above) to see all Clearance Rack items.
RETIRING PRODUCTS ARE GOING FAST! There is still time to get retiring items before they are gone for good! Stampin’ Up! is offering discounts of up to 50% on select items from the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog and Occasions Catalog. View the retiring products lists here in PDF format and Excel format. You can also view the remaining items in my On-Line Store by clicking the images below!
Want to earn free Hoot Loot?
Place a on-line store order valued at $50 or more (before shipping and tax),
enter the host code KW42PTJJ and you will earn the Silver 1/8″ Ribbon for FREE!
How do you earn Monthly Hoot Loot?
- If your on-line store order is between $50 – $149.99; add host code KW42PTJJ. Make sure the host code is added to your order to ensure you get your Hoot Loot!
- If your on-line store order is $150+; please skip the host code. You will automatically qualify for the Free Monthly Hoot Loot!, as well as earn Stampin’ Rewards on your order.
- Make sure to check out the Stampin’ Up! Clearance Rack and 10% OFF Bundles to get more bang for your buck!
- The deadline to earn April’s Hoot Loot with your order is April 30!
- Important Info: The FREE Hoot Loot is mailed separately from your order and will arrive mid-month following the month earned.
Ready to Add the Host Code to Your On-line Order?
- Add wanted items to your shopping bag
- Click the Shopping Bag link in the top right corner
- Enter the monthly host code (KW42PTJJ) in the correct box, then click the APPLY button.
Check out the crazy discounts on clearance rack items here:
Thanks for stopping by! Have a hoot-a-riffic day!
In today’s line-up of retiring items I am showcasing the Oh So Succulent Bundle, which consists of the Stamp Set and Coordinating Framelit Dies. I am Oh So Sad that this bundle did not make it into the New 2017-2018 Annual Catalog, which will be available June 1st. I created the 6 cards I am showcasing for the Ink Big Academy Design Team. I wanted to share them with you in case it inspires you to order…but if you want to order these, order fast cause there is no guarantee that they will last!
They are available until May 31st or until stock is depleted, whichever comes first.
They are also discounted in price for a great deal!
Oh So Succulent Photopolymer Set
Reg $21.00 Sale $15.75
Succulents Framelits Dies
Reg $33.00 Sale $16.50
Now for my creations! I hope you enjoy them! They were such a joy to create!
This Happy Mother’s Day Card has a beach feel that I just love.
I used Whisper White as the card base and Water Color Paper for the flowers and the small background.
The sentiment is cropped out with the Stitched Framelits Dies.
The flowers from the Oh So Succulent stamp set are used as offset accents on the edges.
The images were stamped in several colors.
Some colors were mixed matched and others were stamped off for the background then stamped full force for the edges.
The congrats in white was the perfect finish to the card.
I love the polka-dot flowers that were cropped from the line of color family DSP stacks.
Pink Pirouette, Smoky Slate and Night of Navy coordinate well for a soft feel.
White perfect accents were just the right touch for the middle of the flower.
Using the Hearth and Home Thinlints dies to create a window is so quick and easy.
Delicate White Doilies were cut and sponged with color to create the curtains.
Basic Black, Whisper White and Real Red make a fabulous color combination.
Enamel Shapes, Perfect White Accents and Lace Doilies give just the right touch to the card.
You can’t forget about the stitched satin ribbon and black solid bakers twine. It gives the card a finished look.
Want to see what else is retiring? Shop the store here and see what’s still available!
Have a hoot-a-riffic day!